sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2023 9:40 am  #1

CBC Radio 1's Metro Morning Host Leaving For Another Show

His name is Ismalia Alfa and it seems like only yesterday that he took over CBC Radio 1's "Metro Morning" from Matt Galloway, who actually left in late 2019. 

But on Friday's show, which attracts a big audience in Toronto, Alfa confirmed he'd be leaving one morning grind for another. He's scheduled to take over the network's "Fresh Air" weekend show beginning March 25th. 

"These past few years have given a lot of us time to rethink how we want to live our lives, and for me, it had me rethink the order of priorities in my life," Alfa said Friday, speaking on Metro Morning.

"I love what I do for a living, I love connecting with people and asking questions. And I also love my family. I am a single dad, and that's my top job. Moving to Fresh Air will improve my work-life balance and give me more quality time with my kids."

That means the high-profile weekday morning show is now looking for a new host and that search will "begin immediately."  No word on who will fill in until that new front person is found. 

Ismaila Alfa leaving Metro Morning for Fresh Air

March 10, 2023 10:37 am  #2

Re: CBC Radio 1's Metro Morning Host Leaving For Another Show

Perhaps they could hire Ismaila's jocular brother, Ralpham.