sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2023 6:25 pm  #1

Today Gord Miller is celebrating 40 years in broadcasting.

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1632725999040200705?t=x9OAuv7qTFJWMTsY3jSIVQ&s=19

There's a great story in the tweet from Gord about learning the ropes as a newbie, and another tweet in the replies from a fellow broadcaster on how when he was a newbie, he was told by Mr. Miller to get the pronunciation of the hockey players names right.

Congratulations on the milestone Gord, TSN is lucky to have you, here's to many more years of keeping the fans and viewers informed and entertained, and may the Leafs win the Cup before you retire! 🙌 🤞🤞🤞 🍻

Last edited by betaylored (March 6, 2023 6:26 pm)

March 6, 2023 7:18 pm  #2

Re: Today Gord Miller is celebrating 40 years in broadcasting.

Congrats to Mr. Miller, one of the greats in Canadian sports broadcasting!

In Eastern Ontario's junior "A" Central Canada Hockey League (CCHL), where I'm PA announcer and scorekeeper for one of the twelve teams, there are some excellent play-by-play announcers who work the teams' live video streams on HockeyTV, and at least a couple of them could one day hit the big leagues like Miller did. In particular, I'd like to mention Tyler Cyr, an amazing young Algonquin College student who calls the Navan Grads' games, home and away; Josh Coleman of the Pembroke Lumber Kings, who works their home streams, as well as road games on Pembroke's 104.9 myFM; and Brett Bonisteel of the Kemptville 73s, who is mostly online-only, as the 73s don't have a radio partner, but he'll occasionally work a game on Cogeco's YourTV.

The league often shares "morning after" video highlights on their Facebook and Twitter accounts, featuring their cast of PxP announcers.

March 6, 2023 10:51 pm  #3

No question, Gord Miller is one of the best in the business and one of my favourite play-by-play announcer.

March 7, 2023 1:10 am  #4

I have liked everything he has done except hockey play by play.  Waaay too many meaningless numbers too fast too often.  But he's likable and knows his stuff.  He deserves his success.

March 8, 2023 9:51 am  #5

40 years in broadcasting is quite the accomplishment these days! Congrats to Gord Miller and thanks TSN!