sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2023 1:31 pm  #1

Rare Radio Questions Stump RB's "Sunday Morning Trivia" Callers

It's rare an actual question about radio ever comes up on the radio, but it happened on Sunday's trivia show on CFRB and the Ontario portion of the iHeart Network. 

Host Jason Agnew asked the first caller what "FM" stood for. He was unable to get out an answer.

Then the second caller was asked what "AM" stood for. He didn't get it right, either. 

(For the record, it's Frequency Modulation and Amplitude Modulation.)

I didn't think either were especially tough questions, but then I've been interested in both bands of the medium since I was a kid. Others who never bothered to think of it probably missed it along the way. Either way, it's a very unusual moment when radio even refers to itself. But it finally happened on Sunday morning. And to me, it was far from trivial. 

AM Vs.FM

March 5, 2023 7:45 pm  #2

Re: Rare Radio Questions Stump RB's "Sunday Morning Trivia" Callers

RadioActive wrote:

It's rare an actual question about radio ever comes up on the radio, but it happened on Sunday's trivia show on CFRB and the Ontario portion of the iHeart Network. 

Host Jason Agnew asked the first caller what "FM" stood for. He was unable to get out an answer.

Then the second caller was asked what "AM" stood for. He didn't get it right, either. 

(For the record, it's Frequency Modulation and Amplitude Modulation.)

I didn't think either were especially tough questions, but then I've been interested in both bands of the medium since I was a kid. Others who never bothered to think of it probably missed it along the way. Either way, it's a very unusual moment when radio even refers to itself. But it finally happened on Sunday morning. And to me, it was far from trivial. 

AM Vs.FM

No surprise.  The usual callers to the Trivia Show are generally clueless.  They just call in for the Tim's gift card.