sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2023 6:35 pm  #1

"The Rush" Hosts Learn The Hard Way To Be Careful What You Ask On Air

A wonderful moment on RB's The Rush Friday afternoon, when Reshmi Nair and Scott Reid ventured into the area of Loblaw's allegedly gouging customers and making excessive profits.

They then took a phone call from a listener who wondered why the pair was condemning Galen Weston's outfit when Bell, the owner of the very station they were broadcasting on, makes even more profit by deliberately gouging people on their cell phone and Internet bills.

Nair's response was that it wasn't fair for the caller to expect her to explain how the company worked to him - even though just minutes earlier she seemed to be something of an expert on grocery store cash cows.  

I can only wonder if the guy on the phone told the screener he was going to mention something else, or he would never have made it to air. The fact that neither of the hosts ever really dealt with his question and just deflected to another talking point was all the answer I needed to hear!

February 25, 2023 9:02 am  #2

Re: "The Rush" Hosts Learn The Hard Way To Be Careful What You Ask On Air

I can't understand why she is still on the Rush!

February 25, 2023 11:13 am  #3

Re: "The Rush" Hosts Learn The Hard Way To Be Careful What You Ask On Air

Probably has an iron clad contract , and after the LaFlamme debacle, Bell would not want the backlash of terminating a female of colour.