sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2023 11:41 pm  #1

What happened to Pluto TV on the Amazon appstore?

Does anyone know what happened to the Pluto TV app on the amazon appstore? It is gone and nowhere to be found on the appstore.

February 14, 2023 12:18 am  #2

Re: What happened to Pluto TV on the Amazon appstore?

When I do a search for Pluto TV Amazon, it turns up on the .com (i.e. American version) of the site but not .ca, the Canadian counterpart. No idea why. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch.

Will it work if you download the U.S. version, perhaps with a VPN? Maybe contacting someone at Corus, which has the affiliation in Canada is your next step to find out what happened.

https://www.amazon.com/Pluto-TV-Its-Free/dp/B00KDSGIPK

Update: When I tried that, I get an error that reads:

"You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions."

Very strange, since Corus made a big deal about this coming to Canada. It is still available through my browser without the VPN, though. Hopefully, it's only temporary.

Last edited by RadioActive (February 14, 2023 12:23 am)

February 14, 2023 1:02 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

When I do a search for Pluto TV Amazon, it turns up on the .com (i.e. American version) of the site but not .ca, the Canadian counterpart. No idea why. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch.

Will it work if you download the U.S. version, perhaps with a VPN? Maybe contacting someone at Corus, which has the affiliation in Canada is your next step to find out what happened.

https://www.amazon.com/Pluto-TV-Its-Free/dp/B00KDSGIPK

Update: When I tried that, I get an error that reads:

"You are not eligible to purchase this app due to geographical restrictions."

Very strange, since Corus made a big deal about this coming to Canada. It is still available through my browser without the VPN, though. Hopefully, it's only temporary.

Thank you for that information. I have been not so far impressed with Amazon lately. It works on the web and it is still up on the Apple app store and Google Play Store. Not on the Canadian Amazon appstore.

February 14, 2023 1:42 am  #4

I just checked, the app is still functional for me.

I’ve also noticed that Global has not promoted it at all, and I can’t say I’ve heard ads for it on the Corus radio stations where I live either. They are all promoting Stack TV and the Global TV app.

February 14, 2023 7:47 am  #5

Working fine over here. I have Google TV. 

February 14, 2023 2:16 pm  #6

On my Fire stick, the Pluto TV app was updated. Maybe the update on your device was botched.

February 15, 2023 9:25 pm  #7

ED1 wrote:

On my Fire stick, the Pluto TV app was updated. Maybe the update on your device was botched.

Did an software update on my Firestick this afternoon. Still the same as before. Is there a way I can contact them by email? They have a support account on Twitter but however my Twitter account is temporarily limited and unable to use my Twitter account to contact them.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (February 15, 2023 9:26 pm)

February 15, 2023 11:05 pm  #8

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

ED1 wrote:

Did an software update on my Firestick this afternoon. Still the same as before. Is there a way I can contact them by email? They have a support account on Twitter but however my Twitter account is temporarily limited and unable to use my Twitter account to contact them.

https://support.pluto.tv/s/?language=en_US 

https://support.pluto.tv/s/contactsupport?language=en_US 

February 15, 2023 11:14 pm  #9

It's not working on mine either. 

February 16, 2023 12:30 am  #10

g121 wrote:

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

ED1 wrote:

https://support.pluto.tv/s/?language=en_US 

https://support.pluto.tv/s/contactsupport?language=en_US 

Sent Pluto TV an email about this issue. Hope it comes back on the Amazon app store soon.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (February 16, 2023 12:31 am)

February 16, 2023 12:33 am  #11

cash wrote:

Works on web browser and it is still active in Canada. They added I Love Lucy to the list of channels.

February 16, 2023 12:45 am  #12

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

cash wrote:

Works on web browser and it is still active in Canada. They added I Love Lucy to the list of channels.

It's gone from Amazon firestick in Canada and the US it seems. 

February 16, 2023 9:21 am  #13

Works on my iPad and Apple TV devices….

February 16, 2023 4:53 pm  #14

Heard back from Pluto TV and this is what they said:

Dear Hayden,

Thanks for reaching out! Pluto TV is available on Amazon Fire TV. We suggest that you reconnect your Wi-Fi connection first, then try searching for the app once more. If you're still having problems, please reply with the needed information below:

Device OS Version: (example 10.3)
Connection type: (example Cable)
Connection speed: (example speedtest.net/result/7816580367)

A video or picture of the problem is always helpful. The sooner we get all of this information, the sooner we can revive your Pluto TV experience!

Regards,
Pluto TV Support

ref:_00DE0ZiAl._5008b2G23rJ:ref
So it works in Canada but still it is not answering my question about the problem about the Amazon app store glitch.

February 16, 2023 5:09 pm  #15

I don't use the Amazon app, but when I search for the Pluto.tv app on Amazon.ca, this is what keeps coming up. Well, at least the dogs are cute. Using a VPN and doing the same search on Amazon.com (the U.S. version), it's there. 

February 16, 2023 10:12 pm  #16

RadioActive wrote:

I don't use the Amazon app, but when I search for the Pluto.tv app on Amazon.ca, this is what keeps coming up. Well, at least the dogs are cute. Using a VPN and doing the same search on Amazon.com (the U.S. version), it's there. 

I love the dogs too I agree they look cute. but still very disappointed with Amazon Canada. Might just get an Apple TV instead and ditch the Fire Stick for a while.

February 19, 2023 1:03 pm  #17

So I woke up this morning and turned on my TV and there was an ad for Pluto TV on the home screen of my Fire Stick. So I am guessing this is a glitch with the amazon app store? I guess so.

February 25, 2023 6:15 pm  #18

Pluto TV is back on the amazon app store. I don't know what happened but glad its back on there.