sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2023 12:21 pm  #1

Agar In For Moore Next Week - So Who Subs For Agar?

John Moore is taking a week off next week, with Jerry Agar taking over the morning show starting Monday. 

So who subs for Agar? It turns out frequent panelist Deb Hutton (wife of another frequent pundit Tim Hudak) and John Tory Jr., often a Roundtable voice. I've heard Hutton host before, but I can't recall ever hearing the mayor's son get the chance to substitute on a show of his own. 

I can't wait to hear what he might say if the subject of Toronto's controversial new budget comes up - led by none other than Tory Jr.'s own father. That should be an interesting few minutes!

February 4, 2023 8:31 am  #2

Re: Agar In For Moore Next Week - So Who Subs For Agar?

I would like to hear Mark Towhey.

February 4, 2023 10:08 am  #3

Listener wrote:

Towhey can barely operate a microphone or cough switch.  Constant throat-clearing and coughing when having host back-and-forth during crossovers (or debate segments). At first I thought it was just a "remote" thing forgetting to mute himself or assuming the technical director would do this, but he does this in-studio too! It doesn't inspire much confidence if a radio host can't even master this and doesn't realize he's on an open mic.

Last edited by AspectRatio (February 4, 2023 10:09 am)

February 4, 2023 12:54 pm  #4

Listener wrote:

Me too.  The only time I listen to 1010 between 9 and noon instead of Alex Pierson is when Towhey is subbing for Agar.

February 4, 2023 6:59 pm  #5

I will check in with Jerry when he does MITM as he seems to realize he's not doing his own show, and leaves the more spicy edge at home, too bad Robert Turner won't be on hand as his witty geek/Greek chorus as in the past, they're a hoot together.

I may give Deborah and John Tory Jr. a listen for a segment or three for entertainment purposes depending on the topic.

It's always a toss up whether there's going to be any chemistry and teamwork or feel like an awkward shift during the NHL All-star game.

Will he have the stamina to come up with valuable comments and views? I like him on the roundtables although a couple of times he's sounded like ten more minutes of show prep would've paid of.

Looks like John Moore will have some stories to share about his travel experience when he gets back.
🛄💺🛫
https://twitter.com/MooreintheAM/status/1621999677867724800?t=SFaZsBZLRoOgC970v_6n5A&s=19

Last edited by betaylored (February 4, 2023 7:04 pm)