sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2023 5:31 pm  #1

An update on the progress of the CFNY Spirit of Radio documentary

Alan Cross, who was there, is still part of 102.1. He updates the progress on the making of a documentary on the Spirit of Radio and its legacy, and outlines the very impressive list of people they've already talked to for the film. And he needs your help tracking down a key missing person.

An update on the progress of the CFNY Spirit of Radio documentary

January 29, 2023 7:46 pm  #2

Re: An update on the progress of the CFNY Spirit of Radio documentary

I don't see Ron Bruchel's name listed. Ron did 10 pm to 2 am  when I was doing the same on CKMW and we had a good number of conversations . I was moved to mornings and lost touch with him. A google search does not come up with any info. I hope he is alive and well. He was a great guy and I wish I had made more effort to keep in touch. 

January 29, 2023 8:28 pm  #3

I have Alan Cross visiting me Wednesday morning, along with the Ongoing History of New Music technical producer Rob Johnston. They'll be my guests on Toronto Mike'd as we commemorate 30 years of that program.

If anyone any questions for Alan, about the CFNY doc or the Ongoing History of New Music, let me know and I'll ask on your behalf.

My email is mike@torontomike.com. 

January 30, 2023 6:00 am  #4

I worked with Ron Bruchal in the summer of 1995 at CKLH (K-Lite) in Hamilton.  David Jones hired me after Lance Koyata (sp?) passed away suddenly.  That was the last I knew of Ron.  He worked Saturday and Sunday mornings 6am to Noon, and I worked Noon to 6pm.

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

January 30, 2023 2:22 pm  #5

Thanks Jody, I am surprised there is nothing that comes up on google for his name. I know he was at Q107 in the early days, I remember him telling me that. 

January 30, 2023 2:30 pm  #6

Try this Ron Burchal - look under the "Various" Tab:
(3) Ron Bruchal | LinkedIn

January 31, 2023 4:51 pm  #7

Thanks Weed, I'm glad to see he is alive and well. 

February 1, 2023 5:42 pm  #8

torontomike wrote:

I have Alan Cross visiting me Wednesday morning, along with the Ongoing History of New Music technical producer Rob Johnston. They'll be my guests on Toronto Mike'd as we commemorate 30 years of that program.

If anyone any questions for Alan, about the CFNY doc or the Ongoing History of New Music, let me know and I'll ask on your behalf.

My email is mike@torontomike.com. 

Here's the episode, for the curious.

https://www.torontomike.com/2023/02/alan-cross-and-rob-johnston-toronto-miked-podcast-episode-1197/

February 21, 2023 8:22 am  #9

Alan Cross has an update on the progress of the film and the interview list alone is impressive. 

Here’s the latest update on the production of the CFNY Spirit of Radio documentary

March 31, 2023 5:13 pm  #10

Yet another update on the pending doc. They've got a lot of footage to go through.

Another update on the CFNY Spirit of Radio documentary