sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2023 3:04 pm  #1

Lisa LaFlamme Says She's Not Done Yet

In a major profile in Chatelaine, the former CTV news anchor sidesteps issues about grey hair leading to her dismissal (although she admits her locks started turning when she was still a teenager) and vows you may not have seen the last of her yet.

Lisa LaFlamme Is Just Getting Started

January 26, 2023 3:59 pm  #2

Re: Lisa LaFlamme Says She's Not Done Yet

Ms. LaFlamme would be terrific in an early Sunday evening news magazine t.v. show, a Canadian riff on the iconic 60 Minutes show that would air right before the CBS show, interviewing public figures about the controversial stories making headlines and asking the tough questions. Or perhaps make the focus on what young adults and/or women are achieving in Canada and the U.S. (to get the American crossover views and the show aired down south) and around the world.

Looking forward to seeing what she creates next. The coast to coast to coast audience is waiting to support her...

January 26, 2023 8:54 pm  #3

I could see Lisa have four or five hour long specials every year maybe on City channels or Global.  Sort of like the Barbara Walters specials. The interviews could mostly be political/public affairs but not all.  She could also feature entertainment and lighter segments with well known personalities.  Because of her high profile and reputation she would be able to attract A listers for the show.

I could also see her hosting a TV or radio talk show, not daily but once per week.   

January 26, 2023 9:13 pm  #4

I believe that Lisa would be great hosting a weekly news magazine.  Much like 60 minutes.  Serious news to music & film.  Hire those who would work well with her.