sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2023 8:14 am  #1

Happy Birthday Carl Banas

Today is Carl's 94th.... Happy Birthday to a fine gentleman, and a man of many talents.  He's Canada's "man of a thousand voices", with many animation titles to his credit.  The most famous one is "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", which still airs today.  Also voiced "Sweetums" in the Muppet special "The Frog Prince".  He starred with John Vernon in the CBC series "Wojeck", and spent many years doing evenings at CKFM.

January 23, 2023 10:57 am  #2

Re: Happy Birthday Carl Banas

Happy Birthday, Carl.  94?  Wow!  One of the greatest voices in Toronto radio for all time.

January 23, 2023 3:07 pm  #3

I really enjoyed Carl Banas on his evening show on CKFM in the 70's.  Interesting music, talk and of course his great vignettes, "The Sounds of Our Toronto." Happy Birthday Mr. Banas.  

January 23, 2023 3:43 pm  #4

CKFM's 'The Sound Of Our Toronto' vignettes were so well done with Carl voicing them - LOVED listening to these sprinkled throughout the day's programming back in the early 80s. Also, when I was at Humber College Radio at that time, one of my instructors was also my private voice coach and he set up a phone call with Carl on the CKFM private line one evening. Carl shared his sage voiceover advice to me over the phone in between breaks - what an absolute thrill. Happy 94th Birthday Mr. Banas, you're a legend!

January 23, 2023 4:02 pm  #5

petenewman wrote:

CKFM's 'The Sound Of Our Toronto' vignettes were so well done with Carl voicing them - LOVED listening to these sprinkled throughout the day's programming back in the early 80s. Also, when I was at Humber College Radio at that time, one of my instructors was also my private voice coach and he set up a phone call with Carl on the CKFM private line one evening. Carl shared his sage voiceover advice to me over the phone in between breaks - what an absolute thrill. Happy 94th Birthday Mr. Banas, you're a legend!

Happy birthday Carl.  Loved working with you.  You had such a way of bringing my words to life.  All the best, Val Marshall.

January 23, 2023 10:34 pm  #6

I have thought of Carl so often over the years.  What a true gentleman with deep talent.  I will never
forget how gracious, kind and remarkable he was during my time at CKFM.  Happy Happy 94th birthday Carl! 

January 24, 2023 11:46 am  #7

Carl Banas was one of the voices in the Canadian cartoon Tales of The Wizard of Oz which ran on CFTO and later the CTV network in 1961.  It was one of the first shows on CFTO. This to jog your memory...
https://www.google.com/search?q=wizard+of+oz+cartoon&rlz=1C1GGRV_enCA751CA751&oq=wizard+of+oz+cartoon&aqs=chrome.0.0i355i512j46i512j0i512j46i512j0i512l3j46i512j0i512l2.16045j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:7b4f52e8,vid:GfqrjkhAbqA