sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 17, 2019 10:47 am  #1

Whatever Happened To Former WYSL Buffalo DJ Jim Scott?

Not sure how many here remember a Top 40 disc jockey named Jim Scott. He was in and out of the Buffalo radio market several times over the years (mostly with WYSL), before becoming a big time morning man on WLW in Cincinnati. (If you want to hear what he sounded like back then, there's a great WYSL-FM aircheck on Dale Patterson's RockRadioScrapbook that you can find here, an April Fool's evening in which he plays jingles from other stations across America!

I know some here won't care, but for those who do, there's a nice little article about him from Wednesday that I stumbled across at the Cincinnati Enquirer's website. And it contains a few things about him that I didn't know, including that he once worked to "balance off" Imus In The Morning at WNBC, that he interviewed then not-president Donald Trump and that he recovered from polio as a child. 

He's now 76 and apparently happily retired in Indiana. Nice to hear his voice again on the accompanying video.

Radio legend Jim Scott now lives on his own time

January 22, 2023 11:17 pm  #2

Re: Whatever Happened To Former WYSL Buffalo DJ Jim Scott?

Hi, I just saw this article from 2019 on your forum.
I am the Jim Scott who was at WYSL/WPHD in Buffalo from February 1975 to August 1978 and then at WGR from October 1978 to February 1982. It is nice to see someone remembered me.
There seems to be some confusion in the Moderator's post. I am not the same Jim Scott who was in =12pxCincinnati.
After I left Buffalo I worked for Ladybird Johnson's radio station in Austin, Tx from February 1982 to November 1987 with the air name Jim Lee. (They already had a Scott on the air). I worked several other radio stations in Austin after that. 
I am now retired, still living in Austin. Another thing, I am only 72 years old not like the other guy who was 76 in 2019. :-)  Jim    

January 23, 2023 12:23 am  #3

Re: Whatever Happened To Former WYSL Buffalo DJ Jim Scott?

I appreciate the update and the corrections. Hard to tell all the Jim Scotts in radio without a program! Thanks for being a part of the SOWNY Board. I used to listen to you on WYSL and that April Fool's aircheck is one of my all time favourites. Enjoy your retirement and thanks for so many terrific memories! Great to have you here.