sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2023 4:30 pm  #1

Free live TV streaming site closes down

The ustvgo streaming site has closed down.  I guess it had to happen sooner or later.  Recently I used it to watch some of the Twilight Zone marathon on the U.S. Syfy channel.  Anyone know of any other free U.S. TV streaming sites?

January 22, 2023 5:15 pm  #2

Re: Free live TV streaming site closes down

I'm frankly surprised it lasted as long as it did. I know a few here who depended on it for their American TV viewing. Try this, which is still up and as far as I know, is still working. 

http://123tvnow.com/

January 22, 2023 6:05 pm  #3

Great.  Thanks RA.

January 22, 2023 8:49 pm  #4

I've received a threat warning from my AVG anti virus program when I tried to access any of the channels on 123tvnow.com or click on the "Show more" button. I was also asked to complete a 15-20 question survey before getting access to the page where you can choose the channels you want watch. Has this been an issue for anyone else, or am I one of the chosen few for this treatment?

January 22, 2023 9:50 pm  #5

I'm not sure about the virus warning (I use Norton and didn't get one) but you're the second SOWNY member who's told me about this mysterious survey - although he had one on USTVgo. I'm using a VPN set to the U.S., so I'm not certain if that's the difference. Either way, I can't quite account for why you - and a few others - are getting this while many of the rest of us aren't. 

I don't use that particular site very often if at all, but I've tested it just to see if it works and have never had a problem with it. 

If anyone here knows why this is happening or can suggest a fix, please leave a reply.