sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2023 8:19 pm  #1

Ex-T.O. City Councillor Subbing As Talk Show Host Acquits Herself Well

I should stress this has nothing to do with politics, only ability on the air. And if that's the judgment yardstick, I suggest that former Toronto city councillor Ana Bilao did herself proud this weekend, when she subbed on AM 640's weekend morning show. 

She sounded like someone who had radio experience. There was no hesitation in her delivery, she was quite professional and organized, knew where the show was going all the time, had no equipment issues, and never missed a commercial break or timed out anything wrong. Hard to do if the medium is new to you. 

I was wondering as I listened to her whether she had any past radio experience. It's hard to fathom she would be so good at it right out of the gate. Bilao served for 12 years at Toronto City Hall but announced she would not be running for re-election in the Oct. 24th vote.

If you're curious, you can hear her again on Sunday morning between 7 -9 AM on CFIQ.

January 22, 2023 8:08 am  #2

Re: Ex-T.O. City Councillor Subbing As Talk Show Host Acquits Herself Well

Unfortunately, though she announced she'd be back Sunday morning, Bilao was not there. Arlene Bynon was doing the morning show instead. Not sure when or if Bilao will ever be back, but she's someone that could be a future fill-in for 640. As far as I can tell, Bynon seems to be the only substitute they have. They could almost certainly use more bodies.