sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2022 11:10 am  #1

Do You Watch "Coronation Street?" Imagine Seeing This On That Show

In a recent interview, Bob Dylan admitted he was a huge fan of the long running "Corrie," which has a rabid following on the CBC here. When the producers heard that, they offered the iconic singer a chance at a cameo on the show. Whether he'll ever take them up on it is, well, blowin' in the wind. But it would be incredible for these two institutions to come together. And the publicity would be through the roof. 

Bob Dylan offered a cameo on Coronation Street

December 29, 2022 11:50 am  #2

Re: Do You Watch "Coronation Street?" Imagine Seeing This On That Show

RadioActive wrote:

In a recent interview, Bob Dylan admitted he was a huge fan of the long running "Corrie," which has a rabid following on the CBC here. When the producers heard that, they offered the iconic singer a chance at a cameo on the show. Whether he'll ever take them up on it is, well, blowin' in the wind. But it would be incredible for these two institutions to come together. And the publicity would be through the roof. 

Bob Dylan offered a cameo on Coronation Street

It wouldn't be the first time a pop star has trodden The Street's cobblestones. Cliff Richard and Status Quo have turned up, and Davy Jones appeared as a lad in his pre Monkees days.

Even a Corrie regular Keith Duffy, who played a barman at The Rovers, was previously in a popular boy band.

And yes, I've been one of those rabid followers of Corrie since 1982. I even bought my first VCR so I wouldn't miss an episode.  (that and Letterman 😊)

December 29, 2022 2:51 pm  #3

I remember Status Quo being on Corrie as Les Batthersby's favourite band.  I thought they were made up (like footballer Tommy Orpington) but a quick Google confirmed they were legit. 

Keith Duffy, who played Ciaran, the bartender, was a member of Boyzone.  They were quite popular in the UK.  Not so much over t'pond. 

And countless Royal and politician visits. 

Ya, I'm a huge Corrie fan/geek.

December 30, 2022 10:12 am  #4

DaCosta wrote:

I remember Status Quo being on Corrie as Les Batthersby's favourite band.  I thought they were made up (like footballer Tommy Orpington) but a quick Google confirmed they were legit. 

Keith Duffy, who played Ciaran, the bartender, was a member of Boyzone.  They were quite popular in the UK.  Not so much over t'pond. 

And countless Royal and politician visits. 

Ya, I'm a huge Corrie fan/geek.

Anyone who can reference Tommy Orpington must be. Go Wethy County!