sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2022 6:19 pm  #1

Why A Former Sportsnet & TSN Host Left Sports Broadcasting Behind

Why Nikki Reyes walked away from TSN and into a new career path
https://clearthis.page/?u=https://theathletic.com/4010911/2022/12/20/nikki-reyes-tsn-cbc/

December 20, 2022 9:17 pm  #2

Re: Why A Former Sportsnet & TSN Host Left Sports Broadcasting Behind

What a strange article. Leaving one broadcaster to join another is not a "new career path" or leaving "the industry." It's written as if she's decided to be a monk. 

December 20, 2022 9:37 pm  #3

My first reaction was that this was a PR ShitFuckStack. But it seems not to be the case.

December 20, 2022 10:03 pm  #4

rje1 wrote:

Chrisphen wrote:

My first reaction was that this was a PR ShitFuckStack. But it seems not to be the case.

I don't know....she seems to be looking for work.......

there's a fairly well-known Toronto talk radio station that could use a regular co-host for their afternoon show

December 20, 2022 10:31 pm  #5

torontostan wrote:

What a strange article. Leaving one broadcaster to join another is not a "new career path" or leaving "the industry." It's written as if she's decided to be a monk. 

I thought she became an accountant or something. Strange story. 

December 21, 2022 11:59 am  #6

I wish her the best...but as a woman in their mid-40's, that doesn;t already have years of cache or experience behind her, she's basically done now...the industry eats their own and the new talent coming into TSN and Sportsnet is, as usual, right out of college...I guarantee they're getting paid shit but they're really nice to look at as they read the teleprompter...that's how it's always worked in broadcasting...the media company overlords use your dreams as leverage and there is always another, younger and pretty alternative right behind you to take your place, do it for cheaper and give up their lives to be behind the mic or on camera...it's been like this forever...