sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 15, 2022 3:48 pm  #1

Vassy Completes Her First Week

First off she is a pleasure to listen to.
I didn't hear every minute of the 4 programs she hosted in her debut week this week but I heard enough to remind myself to tune in the next day.

Vassy Kapelos of course took over from Evan Solomon and has done so with ease.
She keeps her program moving with plenty of guests with different perspectives. Makes for great listening.

And now that she is not employed by the CBC & her paycheque is no longer indirectly controlled by Trudeau I trust that she will have no hesitation in calling out Liberal dishonesty and missteps.

I highly recommend the new Vassy Kapelos radio program. It's entertaining and informative.

Can't wait 'til Monday.

December 15, 2022 4:49 pm  #2

Re: Vassy Completes Her First Week

unclefester wrote:

First off she is a pleasure to listen to.
I didn't hear every minute of the 4 programs she hosted in her debut week this week but I heard enough to remind myself to tune in the next day.

Vassy Kapelos of course took over from Evan Solomon and has done so with ease.
She keeps her program moving with plenty of guests with different perspectives. Makes for great listening.

And now that she is not employed by the CBC & her paycheque is no longer indirectly controlled by Trudeau I trust that she will have no hesitation in calling out Liberal dishonesty and missteps.

I highly recommend the new Vassy Kapelos radio program. It's entertaining and informative.

Can't wait 'til Monday.

She is good. They should just leave her on from noon to 5 or 6 pm, and avoid the awful 'Rush' altogether.

December 15, 2022 5:31 pm  #3

I'm sorry but I don't understand "her paycheque is no longer directly controlled by Trudeau." Does that mean the City of Toronto workers paycheques are controlled by John Tory? Or that, heaven forbid, the OPP paycheques are indirectly controlled by Doug Ford? To be fair, I don't think Vassy had any hesitation in calling out Liberal dishonesty and missteps. I actually, with my own eyes, saw her do that on multiple occasions. Maybe show her a little respect.

December 15, 2022 8:30 pm  #4

Rune wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't understand "her paycheque is no longer directly controlled by Trudeau." 

First of all you have misquoted me

That's just for starters

December 15, 2022 8:36 pm  #5

We all remember how the CBC got super-conservative for the 8 years Harper was PM 🙄

December 16, 2022 9:29 am  #6

Good timing and fit for Vassy...she clearly skews right and CTV and Bell Media do pander to the old stock, white, right leaning Canadian...Poilievre needs all the help he can get but I'm thinking he's still too much of a pussy to come on her show and actually take proper and live questions related to policy and planning...basically because he has none....just keep crapping on Trudeau which will eventually fail just like the 3 Con guys before him tried....

December 16, 2022 9:54 am  #7

RadioAaron wrote:

We all remember how the CBC got super-conservative for the 8 years Harper was PM 🙄

How could they have had any other choice since Harper indirectly controlled their paycheques.    Wasn't it almost like listening to Sun TV?

December 17, 2022 2:31 am  #8

unclefester wrote:

You obviously hadn't watched a second of her CBC show.  It was virtually identical as what was on the radio this week.

Also, for the thousandth time on here...  CBC News Network is NOT taxpayer funded.

December 17, 2022 12:05 pm  #9

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Also, for the thousandth time on here...  CBC News Network is NOT taxpayer funded.

I don't think the message is getting through.

December 19, 2022 12:32 am  #10

Johnny B wrote:

she clearly skews right

She discussed Danielle Smith's nonstop gaffs at least three times this week and she interviewed Jagmeet Singh in a fair interview that showed no bias.  She seems to ask tough but respectful questions of the people who serve us regardless of party, as good journalist should.  I didn't hear any cheerleading and I didn't hear a massive ego either which is a nice change from most of her counterparts. 

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (December 19, 2022 12:33 am)

January 2, 2023 5:03 pm  #11

Kapelos appeared on radio just after she joined CTV Dec. 1st. But her TV side of the gig should start as early as this week, as she takes over Power Play on CTV News Channel and as host of Question Period on Sunday mornings on the network. (Glen McGregor, who fronted that show on the weekend, promoted her as the new host in the coming week.)

January 3, 2023 6:04 pm  #12

Listening to Vassy today & my ears perked up when at 1:20 p.m. this afternoon - when coming in off a break she said..."it's 20 minutes past the hour...".

A time check!!!

Nerds like me (and YOU) notice this kind of stuff right?

Evan in all his time on the show never did that to my knowledge.

Works for me!!

January 3, 2023 6:09 pm  #13

I heard that and being the neurotic I am, my first thought was, "I wonder if this show airs on a Bell station in Newfoundland and how they feel about that reference."