sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 30, 2022 4:22 pm  #1

Christine McVie Died

Sad news from here in the UK.
Christine McVie, from Fleetwood Mac, has passed away in a London hospital.
She was 79. Christine contributed some of Fleetwood Mac's biggest hits including "Little Lies" and "You Make Loving Fun".
She will be missed!

November 30, 2022 4:56 pm  #2

Re: Christine McVie Died

Her lead on Fleetwood Mac's 'Everywhere' was great.

Think of the latest Chevy commercials you're seeing everywhere these days...

RIP, Christine.

Last edited by Dial Twister (November 30, 2022 5:01 pm)

November 30, 2022 9:59 pm  #3

Her maiden name was Christine Perfect. And her voice was just that. Perfect.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...If you enjoy hearing the same 200 songs over and over again...listen to the other guys!

November 30, 2022 10:15 pm  #4

I know that some people don't like when an artists song is used for advertising.  But I must admit the first few times I saw the GM Chevrolet ad using Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere, I stopped and watched the whole spot. To me that is a great ad, different yet the song makes it familiar.  Christine McVie at her best.

Because of the ad, I have been hearing Everywhere, sort of everywhere on the radio again.  RIP Christine.

November 30, 2022 10:16 pm  #5

https://twitter.com/V_and_A/status/1598105348661207041?t=ssLIq-h_MJhgIB502bRa4Q&s=19

Very sad news, the Victoria and Albert museum has shared some of Christine's beautiful Fleetwood Mac art work, lyrics and notebooks.

Last edited by betaylored (November 30, 2022 10:19 pm)

November 30, 2022 10:19 pm  #6

paterson1 wrote:

I know that some people don't like when an artists song is used for advertising.  But I must admit the first few times I saw the GM Chevrolet ad using Fleetwood Mac's Everywhere, I stopped and watched the whole spot. To me that is a great ad, different yet the song makes it familiar.  Christine McVie at her best.

Because of the ad, I have been hearing Everywhere, sort of everywhere on the radio again.  RIP Christine.

I have to agree that it's a great use of a classic song in a TV spot.

November 30, 2022 11:58 pm  #7

Sad to see this. She has a huge following.

She actually was a member of Fleetwood Mac before their Mega fame. I believe her first album with them was 1971's Future Games. I love the middle era of Fleetwood Mac post Peter Green and she was there for all of it.

Some fans may even remember her time with the band Chicken Shack when she was still C. Perfect.

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

December 1, 2022 9:05 am  #8

Here is I think her last interview in Rolling Stone from June 2022:

CM RS

and an audio interview and her playing some of her favorite music on the BBC's Desert Island Discs in 2017:

CM Desert Island Discs 

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/