sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 23, 2022 8:24 am  #1

Jim Richards' Surprise Guest - The Guy Who Replaced Him Overnight

Talk about a meta moment. When iHeart's Jim Richards suddenly disappeared from the all night show he had returned to with so much hype, he was replaced by a guy who did the show from New York City. David Cooper took over the reins and stayed on the show for months, until he, too, suddenly went absent with no explanation.

He hadn't been heard from again until Tuesday night, when he was a guest on Richards' new evening show "Newstalk Tonight", that's also heard across the country. Cooper didn't talk much about what happened to him (the network now airs "best ofs" in the all-night timeslot, ironically including repeats of parts of "Newstalk") but did reveal he's had a few "offers" to continue some kind of radio presence, although he didn't say who or what city. 

It's pretty rare that the guy who replaced you, then gets replaced himself, turns up on the show of the person who replaced him! I can't quite recall an instance that full circle on local radio in a long time.

November 23, 2022 8:52 am  #2

Re: Jim Richards' Surprise Guest - The Guy Who Replaced Him Overnight

The interview with Cooper is on the station's website here. He reveals he'll be on Richards' show three times a week. It would be an unbelievable irony if something changed and Cooper wound up taking over the show completely! Unlikely, but as we know, stranger things have happened before. 

November 23, 2022 8:42 pm  #3

zzzzzzzzzz jimbo should be gone and forgotten

November 23, 2022 11:02 pm  #4

I guess you missed David's tweet last month when he announced it was his last show. He didn't vanish, the information was out there.

November 23, 2022 11:05 pm  #5

peter wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz jimbo should be gone and forgotten

The irony of someone named Peter saying that.

On that note, I disagree. I've always been a huge fan of Jimberly.

November 24, 2022 7:49 am  #6

I like Jim... but these two segments were pretty bad.  It felt like no one really cared.