sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2022 2:30 am  #1

Different Ending Music on CTV London/CTV Windsor

It is kind of weird that CTV London and CTV Windsor still use the 2004 ending theme to their newscasts. I know it gives memories to the good old days of CTV. But should they use the current 2014 ending themes like the other CTV stations use today? I think so.

November 18, 2022 5:22 pm  #2

Re: Different Ending Music on CTV London/CTV Windsor

I'm guessing London & Windsor most likely paid for music rights beyond said expiry date of usage.
If so, it makes sense to keep using it up until a renewal date, at which time they can change it up and use the current music other CTV stations are using.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 20, 2022 11:18 pm  #3

Looks like during tonight's newscasts they used the newer music during the end of both CTV London and CTV Windsor. I guess it's random for this to happen but still pretty weird.

November 20, 2022 11:48 pm  #4

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

Looks like during tonight's newscasts they used the newer music during the end of both CTV London and CTV Windsor. I guess it's random for this to happen but still pretty weird.

1) Somebody on-staff there lurking this board and realized the error? ;)
2) Maybe different technical director/staff on weekends (or certain shift nights) and pulling from a different asset library repository and "wrong" theme?

November 21, 2022 9:22 am  #5

AspectRatio wrote:

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

1) Somebody on-staff there lurking this board and realized the error? ;)
2) Maybe different technical director/staff on weekends (or certain shift nights) and pulling from a different asset library repository and "wrong" theme?

It's a business first before it can be anything else. Whatever's cheaper to run. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.