sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2022 9:51 am  #1

CF(PR)B

Some interesting evidence coming from the Emergencies Act Inquiry regarding the OPS's use of a PR firm during the troubles earlier this year. One name in the doc should stand out to RB listeners - Amanda Galbraith, who is often used as an asset on various show segments.

I'm sure she fully disclosed her conflict whenever the convoy topic came up...

November 2, 2022 9:24 pm  #2

Re: CF(PR)B

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1587522013006118913?t=2yfArKPVTUMQhG4GP_zCOA&s=19

illuminating conversation that includes a tweet from John Moore who mentions there was a pundit, (not Amanda Galbraith), who failed to disclose a conflict and was turfed.

sidebar: isn't the other Scott, currently on The Rush, involved in the spin biz too?

Last edited by betaylored (November 2, 2022 9:26 pm)

November 2, 2022 10:11 pm  #3

I guess this should be the end of that Friday show she had. 

November 3, 2022 5:54 am  #4

betaylored wrote:

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1587522013006118913?t=2yfArKPVTUMQhG4GP_zCOA&s=19

illuminating conversation that includes a tweet from John Moore who mentions there was a pundit, (not Amanda Galbraith), who failed to disclose a conflict and was turfed.

sidebar: isn't the other Scott, currently on The Rush, involved in the spin biz too?

re: illuminating conversation that includes a tweet from John Moore who mentions there was a pundit, (not Amanda Galbraith), who failed to disclose a conflict and was turfed.

from SOWNY 2019Oct thread "Warren Kinsella pulling back from media."

g121 wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

.. He's been promoted as being on CFRB's election coverage on Monday. I'm betting he'll honour that commitment .. 

On his morning show today, John Moore confirmed Kinsella is gone from CFRB as Kinsella did not disclosure to CFRB that he was on the Conservatives payroll.  So much for Kinsella's supposed independent opinion,  analysis &  scandal ferreting skills.  With approximately ~5M votes already cast during early voting, how much damage was already done?

November 3, 2022 11:30 am  #5

g121 wrote:

betaylored wrote:

re: illuminating conversation that includes a tweet from John Moore who mentions there was a pundit, (not Amanda Galbraith), who failed to disclose a conflict and was turfed.

from SOWNY 2019Oct thread "Warren Kinsella pulling back from media."

g121 wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

.. He's been promoted as being on CFRB's election coverage on Monday. I'm betting he'll honour that commitment .. 

On his morning show today, John Moore confirmed Kinsella is gone from CFRB as Kinsella did not disclosure to CFRB that he was on the Conservatives payroll.  So much for Kinsella's supposed independent opinion,  analysis &  scandal ferreting skills.  With approximately ~5M votes already cast during early voting, how much damage was already done?

Thanks g121 for solving the mystery.

Will Newstalk 1010 be prudent and send out an email to their pundits reminding them to disclose any possible conflicts. They probably already have.

Since Amanda Galbraith is on maternity leave, there's time for this to fade away from memory. I hope she'll return to the airwaves eventually. She has the personality and smarts.

Last edited by betaylored (November 3, 2022 11:31 am)