sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2022 6:08 pm  #1

CityNews Staffer Turns Up On Global

Just saw Emily Vukovic doing Global's weekend weather. I believe I saw her last week doing the exact same chore for CityNews. I guess there's no non-compete clause involved, because she disappeared from one station and turned up 7 days later on another. 

October 30, 2022 9:14 pm  #2

Re: CityNews Staffer Turns Up On Global

I thought she was freelance...

October 30, 2022 9:18 pm  #3

Maybe she is, but you'd think she would be exclusive to one station or one network or the other. If you she turned up again next week on City, that would just be weird. 

October 31, 2022 2:21 am  #4

Carla Bosacki left Global Toronto recently (mid August), so they are probably just filling staffing up.....

October 31, 2022 9:06 am  #5

I’ve also noticed some CHEX people being used for Global’s weekend newscasts. Last week it was their weather presenter, this week it was their news anchor Keri Ferguson.

November 14, 2022 11:52 pm  #6

Emily Vukovic will soon be joining CHCH Morning Live as the location feature / lifestyle reporter.

November 15, 2022 12:18 am  #7

She did weather on Global this past weekend - and she got out of the way of the graphics! Boy, this is one broadcaster who really gets around. From City TV to Global and if what you say is right, CHCH - all within about a month. Not sure if that's a record, but it has to be pretty close. 

November 15, 2022 12:31 am  #8

Glen Warren wrote:

Emily Vukovic will soon be joining CHCH Morning Live as the location feature / lifestyle reporter.

I always enjoyed watching Emily on The Weather Network. She's a total natural in front of the camera and enjoys having fun once in a while, and it never comes across as being forced or phony. I remember one Halloween a few years back she dressed up as Wonder Woman. That put a smile on my face. 

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...If you enjoy hearing the same 200 songs over and over again...listen to the other guys!

November 15, 2022 7:14 am  #9

RadioActive wrote:

She did weather on Global this past weekend - and she got out of the way of the graphics! Boy, this is one broadcaster who really gets around. From City TV to Global and if what you say is right, CHCH - all within about a month. Not sure if that's a record, but it has to be pretty close. 

Sounds like maybe she pays an agent to keep her employed on an as needed basis. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.