sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 16, 2022 7:22 pm  #1

CTV Toronto Newsbreak airs on CTV Kitchener during NFL Game

During the break CTV Kitchener aired the CTV Toronto Newsbreak during the NFL game Buffalo Bills vs The Kansas City Chiefs. CTV Kitchener airs their own Newsbreak when their newscast is preempted but it aired the one from CTV Toronto instead.

October 16, 2022 9:15 pm  #2

Re: CTV Toronto Newsbreak airs on CTV Kitchener during NFL Game

They must have done another newsbreak which I saw after 6:30pm.  It was for CTV Kitchener and also promoted  viewers to go to the CTV Kitchener website to see the local newscast.  Locally a fair number of people are pissed  when the football pre-empts the evening local news on weekends. Better get used to it folks, the season is just starting..

October 16, 2022 11:58 pm  #3

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

During the break CTV Kitchener aired the CTV Toronto Newsbreak during the NFL game Buffalo Bills vs The Kansas City Chiefs. CTV Kitchener airs their own Newsbreak when their newscast is preempted but it aired the one from CTV Toronto instead.

They sometimes mess up the feed. I remember a promo for MCTV News (Northern Ontario) appearing on CKCO one time during the Super Bowl.

October 17, 2022 10:14 am  #4

CTV2 Barrie airs their local cast at 5.30 pm , and then the Toronto one at 6 pm on Sundays during NFL games. 

October 17, 2022 4:52 pm  #5

MJ Vancouver wrote:

haydenmatthews14 wrote:

They sometimes mess up the feed. I remember a promo for MCTV News (Northern Ontario) appearing on CKCO one time during the Super Bowl.

I remember it was like that with CFPL London last year. After the end of Sunday Night Football when the 11PM news came on CFPL aired the feed from CKVR from Barrie but then a few seconds later it aired the correct feed from CFPL when the London weekend news was done out of CHWI in Windsor.

Last edited by haydenmatthews14 (October 17, 2022 9:23 pm)

October 17, 2022 4:57 pm  #6

I wish CTV2 Ottawa would air an early show during the NFL season.  The capital of Canada has no early news on Sundays during the NFL season

October 17, 2022 9:23 pm  #7

mic'em wrote:

CTV2 Barrie airs their local cast at 5.30 pm , and then the Toronto one at 6 pm on Sundays during NFL games. 

I remember one time CTV Kitchener aired on CTV 2 London back in 2016 but they no longer do that. They do that out west when CIVI's weekend newscasts were axed by Bell Media during the cuts in Feb of 2021 and they air the CIVT newscast on CIVI.

October 17, 2022 10:37 pm  #8

Ale Ont wrote:

I wish CTV2 Ottawa would air an early show during the NFL season.  The capital of Canada has no early news on Sundays during the NFL season

Just another reason why Global should have local news in Ottawa.  No excuse for the number two private network not to have a local newscast in a market of 1.4 million people.  Global will never be a national contender for news until they have a real news operation in the nations capital. They are half way there with their bureau, now finish the job.  

October 18, 2022 10:24 am  #9

paterson1 wrote:

Ale Ont wrote:

Just another reason why Global should have local news in Ottawa.  No excuse for the number two private network not to have a local newscast in a market of 1.4 million people.  Global will never be a national contender for news until they have a real news operation in the nations capital. They are half way there with their bureau, now finish the job.  

I doubt a Global Ottawa station will ever happen especially nowadays with the terminal decline of traditional media. They do have a digital local news team in Ottawa alongside the parliamentary bureau that updates Globalnews.ca/Ottawa. The best you can hope from them in the future is a streaming news service similar to CBS News Detroit.

As far as CHUM was concerned, they should have just made CHRO the Citytv station in Ottawa instead of wasting their time with Newnet. That would have had a better shot of maintaining a news service that would still exist today.