sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 19, 2022 6:58 pm  #1

Was Fat Bottomed Girls The Encore?

Prime Minister Trudeau was seen singing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody in a hotel lobby in London Saturday night with other members of the Canadian contingent.  All were in town for the funeral of Queen Elizabeth.  The story and video is starting to light up on social media.  Also it was a hot topic this afternoon on AM640 and Newstalk 1010  More from CBC.ca..https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-bohemian-rhapsody-queen-funeral-1.6587875

Last edited by paterson1 (September 19, 2022 7:14 pm)

September 19, 2022 8:31 pm  #2

Re: Was Fat Bottomed Girls The Encore?

This is worse than PigFuckGate.

September 19, 2022 8:55 pm  #3

He was likely high. 

September 19, 2022 11:05 pm  #4

Already an Internet meme.

September 20, 2022 6:32 am  #5

Oh my .. hope anyone who's offended stay well clear of an Irish Wake.

*sigh* some do seek to find outrage .. 

September 20, 2022 11:15 am  #6

I can think of worse songs he might have chosen. (Seasons in the Sun)

September 20, 2022 11:23 am  #7

Regardless of what you think of this incident, it's important to get the facts right. And Alex Pierson didn't on her show Tuesday. 

She kept quoting what she thought were the lyrics to "Bohemian Rhapsody," but whatever song she was talking about, it wasn't that one. She did it at least twice during different hours on her show, reciting lyrics to a Freddie Mercury-penned ditty that frankly, I've never heard. 

But the one thing I am sure of, it wasn't the lyrics to BH, which is Queen's most famous tune and one everybody knows. I like Alex's show a lot, but this was a big error and I can't quite figure out why no one at Corus pointed it out to her the first time - let alone let it happen again. Especially with Q107 just down the hallway. 

September 20, 2022 4:18 pm  #8

That is pretty bad if Alex can't even get the song lyrics right, especially since 640 had been playing the 14 second clip quite a few times.  Her producer or somebody should have corrected her off air.  Makes whatever position she had on this not count for much. Surprising too that no listener texted or called to correct the error.  Oakley had lots of fun with this story.  

September 21, 2022 8:10 am  #9

g121 wrote:

Oh my .. hope anyone who's offended stay well clear of an Irish Wake.

*sigh* some do seek to find outrage .. 

Well put g121, too much outrage out there!