sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2022 6:18 pm  #1

End Of The Road For Motoring TV

One show on TSN that I enjoy is Motoring TV.  Sad to pass along the the program is finishing up it's run after 34 years. I tape the show every week and to my surprise there was an hour special recently. It was also was their final episode.  The show consisted of highlights over the years and profiles on some of the people behind the scenes.  

Brad Diamond and his wife Isabelle run Bradford Productions and  produced the show for TSN. With over 50 years in the business, Brad and Isabelle wanted to retire, so they decided to wind down production.

Motoring TV was the second longest running automotive series in North America with almost 900 episodes, and it always remained true to their slogan "bringing you stories about cars and the people who drive them."  

Last edited by paterson1 (September 18, 2022 2:25 pm)

September 17, 2022 8:42 pm  #2

Re: End Of The Road For Motoring TV

I worked with Brad Diamond when he was doing sports at CKEY. One of the best in the biz and I hope he has a great retirement.

September 18, 2022 12:32 pm  #3

I just posted on the other thread before seeing this one. I too was a weekly viewer of Motoring. I am hoping the younger  associates like Zack Spencer will carry on with a new show . 

September 18, 2022 1:45 pm  #4

mic'em wrote:

I just posted on the other thread before seeing this one. I too was a weekly viewer of Motoring. I am hoping the younger  associates like Zack Spencer will carry on with a new show . 

Zack is a very good friend of mine.. he's basically youtube now and doing fine.

September 18, 2022 2:23 pm  #5

I really like Zack's reviews.  He had his own show with Driving TV for about 17 years on Global.  Both the Globe and Mail and National Post have great auto sections with video reviews on line.  Graeme Fletcher from Motoring TV also freelances for the Post's Driving section in paper and on their website.