sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 4, 2022 11:57 am  #1

Michelle Jobin CTV Weather

Anyone know why Michelle Jobin has left CTV Weather.  We quite liked her.  A few weeks ago she was doing the weather from either a park or her backyard.  She returned for a few days and now gone.  Apparently she was able to say goodbye on air, But I missed it.  Interested only because we really liked her doing the weather.

Last edited by John D (September 4, 2022 2:08 pm)

September 4, 2022 12:04 pm  #2

Re: Michelle Jobin CTV Weather

Michelle Jobin was filling in for Lyndsay Morrison who went on parental leave. Lyndsay returns tomorrow.

September 4, 2022 12:21 pm  #3

John D wrote:

Anyone know why Michelle John has left CTV Weather.  We quite liked her.  A few weeks ago she was doing the weather from either a park or her backyard.  She returned for a few days and now gone.  Apparently she was able to say goodbye on air, But I missed it.  Interested only because we really liked her doing the weather.

She's leaving to make way for Lyndsey, who in fairness, is returning to the job that's still hers. 

But on her Twitter feed, Jobin cryptically mentioned it was her last day "for a while." It's not entirely clear what that means, but if you read between the lines, it sounds like she expects to be back as a fill-in for vacations or other emergencies when needed. So perhaps you haven't seen the last of her for good - only for now. 

September 6, 2022 11:47 pm  #4

John D wrote:

Apparently she was able to say goodbye on air, But I missed it.

She didn't get a chance to say goodbye.  CTV News at 6pm actually botched it completely by forgetting about it being her last day until the end music was already playing and then they took out the flowers and bottle to hand it to her as the music played them off the air, laughing at their fumble.

September 7, 2022 4:00 am  #5

Some stupid idiot over at Bell is just being extra cheap.
There is no reason for Michelle to be gone at all!
I am sick and tired of weather on the 11:30 news not being live. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 10, 2022 9:28 am  #6

torontomike wrote:

Michelle Jobin was filling in for Lyndsay Morrison who went on parental leave. Lyndsay returns tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Lyndsay_CTV/status/1568573472275668992?t=k5Uah6c1C2-kRxst4gCZFg&s=19

a glimpse into family life when your parent goes to work

September 10, 2022 1:10 pm  #7

Radiowiz wrote:

Some stupid idiot over at Bell is just being extra cheap.
There is no reason for Michelle to be gone at all!
I am sick and tired of weather on the 11:30 news not being live. 

This.

The #1 news station in the largest market in the country shouldn't be running taped weather segments from hours ago.