sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2022 11:58 am  #1

Two Bizarre Meta Moments On The Jerry Agar Show

There were two surreal moments on CFRB's Jerry Agar Show Wednesday.

The first came when a caller pivoted from a subject and brought up the Lisa LaFlamme debacle. Agar immediately told the guy he was ranging into a different topic and cut him off. Could the fact he works for Bell Media have anything to do with it? Hard to say. The guy admittedly DID stray from the subject, but it was hard not to associate him being given the bum's rush with the fact he brought up something the company would rather they not talk about. 

The second moment was, if anything, even stranger. Talking to a writer for the Washington Post about LIV golfers vs the PGA, Agar used this analogy: "It would be like me going over to 640, then coming back to Bell Media and expecting them to pay for my health benefits."

Not sure, but is that the first time "640" (outside of a time check) has ever been uttered on 1010's airwaves?

August 31, 2022 1:03 pm  #2

Re: Two Bizarre Meta Moments On The Jerry Agar Show

Wd be a terrific topic for Marc Weisblott

August 31, 2022 1:08 pm  #3

Speaking of Weisblott, looks like his deal with SJC Media is over and that means some changes ahead for his "12:36" feature. He does promise to continue sending it out as a newsletter but where it goes next is TBA.

The 12:36 Finale

August 31, 2022 3:39 pm  #4

FWIW, Weisblott will be in my basement recording his thoughts for 3 hours, as he has every month for years. All 12:36 episodes of Toronto Mike'd are here: https://www.torontomike.com/category/1236_podcast_episodes/

August 31, 2022 4:43 pm  #5

Tough guy Agar is too afraid to mention Lisa Laflamme's name.