sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2022 8:06 pm  #1

Michelle Jobin Gets Nice Send-Off As CTV Toronto Weather Gig Ends

Monday was Michelle Jobin's last day as CFTO's main weather person on the noon, 6 and 11 PM shows. The anchors presented her with flowers and a bottle at the end of the 6 PM show, although there's no word on where she's going. Her Twitter page indicates it was her "last day for a while," whatever that means and she insists she'll "still be around." Maybe we'll see Jobin again if they need a fill-in.

CTV Toronto is already short on weather people and if you saw the weekend anchor weather, you'll know how awful it can be. I believe it was Pauline Chan who tried to do the no-weather person forecast on Sunday and it was cringe worthy as she tried to explain what was coming, getting tongue tied with the numbers. 

So who's taking her place? My guess would be the return of Lyndsey Morrison, who started her maternity leave in late August of last year and is likely due back at work. 

I thought Jobin did a good job overall, although I still don't understand those weeks and weeks of her reporting from some unnamed street corner and not in-set at the station. 

One last thing - there was a great comment on her Twitter page where someone asked, "was she fired?" The answer from one poster, given the LaFlamme affair, was hilarious. "BellMediaPR don’t give you flowers and a bottle of plonk when they fire you," he answered. 

Perfect.

Her on-air co-workers have also chimed in on her Twitter page with a lot well wishes.

August 29, 2022 9:30 pm  #2

Re: Michelle Jobin Gets Nice Send-Off As CTV Toronto Weather Gig Ends

CFTO needs more than 1 weather anchor on their roster, why not just keep her on staff. If they're not gonna do that, just get whoever's on CP24 to provide the weather reports.

August 30, 2022 12:50 am  #3

For anyone who saw the end of the 6pm show, it was rather baffling. Michelle finished the final weather update, the anchors said their goodbyes to the audience, the camera is pulling away, end music is playing, THEN both anchors suddenly pull out flowers and a bottle to hand to Michelle.as the camera cuts back to them in close-up. 

For a moment it looked like they were going to cut back to vocals and says a proper farewell, but the broadcast just ended.  They either didn't have enough air time to squeeze in the goodbye or more likely, both anchors forgot this was her last appearance on the 6pm and scrambled too late to give her the flowers and booze, before it went to black.

August 30, 2022 7:02 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

So who's taking her place? My guess would be the return of Lyndsey Morrison, who started her maternity leave in late August of last year and is likely due back at work. 

This looks to be the case indeed based on this Twitter exchange: