sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 23, 2022 10:20 pm  #1

BlackBerry Movie About The Invention Of The Doomed Smartphone

https://variety.com/2022/film/global/blackberry-movie-smartphone-jay-baruchel-1235347842/

This could be seriously cool, a movie about the story of what was, once upon a time, THE cellphone to carry. Some people say they've never found any phone as good.

The fact that it's a 🇨🇦 invention is just... icing on the cake? extra gravy on the poutine?

August 24, 2022 7:37 am  #2

Re: BlackBerry Movie About The Invention Of The Doomed Smartphone

Barak Obama famously held on to his Blackberry after becoming President despite security concerns... he just wouldn't give it up, so a compromise was reached to let him keep it, 

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna28780205

August 24, 2022 8:10 am  #3

A former co-worker of mine, a morning show host, kept his BlackBerry until about two years ago, when he finally ditched it in favour of an Android phone. I used a "crackberry" for a couple of years in the early 2010s, the Curve 8310, but my wife & I went Android just after we got married in 2012, and we're still 'droid users today. The thing I miss most about BBs is the physical QWERTY keyboard... typing on a touchscreen isn't the same.

August 24, 2022 9:10 am  #4

After I retired I got an android phone and for about the first year wished I still had my Blackberry.  I had been using BB phones through work for years and preferred them.  My last phone at work was a BB 10 which had a large screen and both traditional keyboard and touchscreen.  Loved that phone, and Blackberry phones had great sound, always loud and clear and if you dropped the phone they never got smashed.  My new android phone sound quality wasn't as good and I experience more volume and clarity issues than I ever had with my BB.

And of course Blackberry products never got hacked.  Â