sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2016 2:32 pm  #1

OUA Football on CITY TV

What a surprise !!

City TV Toronto carrying the Western Mustang -- Guelph Gryphons football game...

It's a trial project by Sportsnet/City to determine if there is an audience for a Game of the Week presentation...

Nice to see....as long as it lasts....I won't hold my breath...

September 24, 2016 9:06 pm  #2

Re: OUA Football on CITY TV

Guess the deal with CHCH announced last fall didn't work out....   They carried two games at the end of the season last fall... a semi between Guelph and Carleton and the Yates Cup final between Guelph and Western... 

September 25, 2016 12:19 am  #3

I grew up in the shadow of the UWO campus.  CIS football is fine, underrated entertainment.  Hope this continues...

October 22, 2016 6:27 pm  #4

October 22, 2016 7:59 pm  #5

maybo wrote:

I grew up in the shadow of the UWO campus....

Was it a gated community where the gates where designed to keep the residents in ??

I went looking for a  CIS game on City today (Saturday)...couldn't find one so I watched online instead...

Haven't been this excited about watching CITY-TV since the days of the Baby Blue movie...

October 24, 2016 6:06 pm  #6

unclefester wrote:

maybo wrote:

I grew up in the shadow of the UWO campus....

Was it a gated community where the gates where designed to keep the residents in ?? 

Nah....the Ceeps was off-campus, so residents had to wander down Richmond St.   ;)

November 1, 2016 2:13 pm  #7

i watched a bit of an oua game and i was amazed to see the amount of receivers running offside yet they weren't being called for it.

November 12, 2016 3:29 pm  #8

Nice to hear Mark Lee calling the play by play of todays Yates Cup final between Western and Laurier...

Channel 11...

Last edited by unclefester (November 12, 2016 3:29 pm)