sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2022 7:07 am  #1

John Moore Vs. John Oakley - Who Got Your Ear?

A rare face-off on Toronto talk radio Friday. With Greg Brady off on a "family emergency," the station opted to take John Oakley off the afternoon shift and put him on the all-important morning drive show. That meant for the first time in a long time, he was competing with John Moore over on CFRB.  

Since Oakley seems popular with many here, I'm curious which one of the two long time hosts caught your ear. I pretty much stuck with Moore out of habit if nothing else. But it would be interesting to see what might happen if the two went head-to-head all the time. 

If all goes according to plan, Brady will be back Monday.

August 12, 2022 7:12 am  #2

Re: John Moore Vs. John Oakley - Who Got Your Ear?

I like John Moore. Oakley " style" is not for me. To each his own.

August 12, 2022 12:15 pm  #3

"Moore in the Morning" for me : )) .. 

I don't mind Oakley himself but he lost me many, many years ago when he had boorish, rude clown regulars on like Charles McVety & David Menzies.

Last edited by g121 (August 12, 2022 12:15 pm)

August 12, 2022 12:21 pm  #4

CFRB for the talk and AM 640 for the news...er, maybe 680 for the best news headlines and NT 1010 for their morning show. It's tough to stay in just one place these days though, and that really is a shame. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 12, 2022 3:36 pm  #5

Oakley is Klik to Moore's Spam, and as expired as a sixty-year-old can of the crap (even before the loss of his Rob Ford meal ticket).

August 12, 2022 7:37 pm  #6

Chrisphen wrote:

Oakley is Klik to Moore's Spam.

I do believe John Moore is quite the Monty Python fan, so jolly good reference Chrisphen.

I've always thought of Mr. Oakley as beer and Mr. Moore as scotch.

Not easy climbing out of bed at 3am. no matter who you are.... and then to do a talk radio show.