sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2022 6:55 am  #1

640 Toronto Shuffles Lineup

August 4, 2022 7:19 am  #2

Re: 640 Toronto Shuffles Lineup

If this means Alex Pierson will be coming back on Monday, I'm all for it. She's been gone since last April. Interesting two conservative types will now be on against each other - Jerry Agar on 1010 and Pierson on 640. 

Whoever they get to fill the 7- 10 PM slot, I hope they're a lot better than some of the fill-ins they've been using all these months. Outside of Arlene Bynon, they've been either boring or not too bright - or both. I hope they choose carefully and we haven't been hearing on-air auditions for the last endless weeks.  Most did not pass the test!

August 4, 2022 11:19 am  #3

640 just ran a promo for the Alan Carter Radio Show "weekdays at noon."

I guess no one told the promotions department he won't be there after Monday. 

And in fact, he's on vacation this week, so he's not even there today.

August 4, 2022 3:30 pm  #4

I am glad to hear Alex is returning, I hope the extended break did her well. I will actually miss AC in the 12-1pm slot. When I was a practicing DJ, I worked at a Maritimes station where the standard operating procedure was to never play two female songs back to back . This was late 70's. 

August 4, 2022 3:44 pm  #5

congratulations to Kelly, maybe this is a move by 640 to capture the 1010 audience that hasn't quite warmed up to The Rush duo.

August 4, 2022 3:47 pm  #6

mic'em wrote:

the standard operating procedure was to never play two female songs back to back . This was late 70's. 

we had the same ridiculous rule and that was early to late 80's, a rule I walked all over when I was on-air midnights, though I couldn't get away with it when I started doing afternoons

Last edited by betaylored (August 4, 2022 3:48 pm)

August 4, 2022 4:17 pm  #7

mic'em wrote:

I am glad to hear Alex is returning,

I'm hoping this shift will be easier on her. When she left for her hiatus in April, she complained of having to take care of her young boy (around 5 years old), maintain her house, (including meals but never being around for dinner since her shift started at 6:30 PM back then) listening to every press conference and picking clips, prepping for guests on the show, conferring with her producer and more. 

No wonder she felt burned out!

I'm guessing the earlier morning shift will be a lot easier, especially when her kid goes back to school. So this may be the best of all worlds, although I will miss her in her later shift, simply because CFRB is feeding us dated morning show rerolls at those hours. 

I just hope she transfers my favourite guest - Tom Korski of Blacklock's Reporter - into her new gig. Best interview on radio for my money. The guy is hilarious, especially when he reveals hidden stories about the otherwise hidden stupidities of the federal government. 

August 4, 2022 4:24 pm  #8

I also look forward to Tom Korski's segments. I believe he also appears on Roy Greens weekend show sporadically .  

August 4, 2022 4:42 pm  #9

And he even turns up occasionally on Marc Patrone's show on Sauga 960, although I'm not exactly a regular listener to that. I'd love to subscribe to Korski's online news site, but at over $400 a year, it's a bit too rich for my blood.

Speaking of which, since it's been in the news this week, what's the most common blood type in the capital of Taiwan?

Answer: "Taipei."

Sorry...

August 5, 2022 11:49 am  #10

Maybo wrote:

It sounds as if David Peck is the new host of On Point. New intro music and his name is mentioned.

Does anyone have any info on this host? I've been listening to him intermittently for the past week and while he's no Alex, he's better than many of the others they slotted in over the past five months.

Where has he worked before? What is his experience? There are a number of David Pecks listed if you Google that name, but most are in the States, including a podcaster and a guy in Connecticut. 

I'm not convinced he's either of those. If anyone knows what his professional background is, I'd be curious to know.  Unlike some of the others who've guested on this show, he hasn't said a word about himself since he took over in late July. 

August 5, 2022 11:55 am  #11

Maybo wrote:

It sounds as if David Peck is the new host of On Point. New intro music and his name is mentioned.

Corus says Pierson’s successor in the 7 – 10 p.m. listening period will be announced at a later date.

August 5, 2022 2:43 pm  #12

David Peck makes his living as a professional Magician.  I am unfamiliar with any media history.

August 5, 2022 2:45 pm  #13

67GreenRambler wrote:

David Peck makes his living as a professional Magician. I am unfamiliar with any media history.

Good! Then he can magically bring in better ratings than NT 1010! LOL!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

August 5, 2022 2:54 pm  #14

Or worse, make listeners disappear!

David Peck, Magician and Motivational Speaker