sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2022 3:13 pm  #1

Is Ben Wagner travelling with the team now?

Today I was listening to the Blue Jays game on 590 when the play by play announcer Ben Wagner said he was broadcasting from Tropicana Field in the Tampa Bay Area.

I thought he was broadcasting all away games from Toronto. Did Rogers change their policy and allow Ben Wagner to travel with the team now?

August 3, 2022 5:24 pm  #2

Re: Is Ben Wagner travelling with the team now?

I couldn't listen to today's game.  CityNews doesn't carry weekday, day games.  If Ben was at the Trop it could be some kind of insurance.  Matt Devlin called the two games there on TV.  Buck wasn't there, although he lives close by.

August 3, 2022 5:33 pm  #3

Ale Ont wrote:

I couldn't listen to today's game.  CityNews doesn't carry weekday, day games.  If Ben was at the Trop it could be some kind of insurance.  Matt Devlin called the two games there on TV.  Buck wasn't there, although he lives close by.

Although off for this series,  he was watching the game from the booth according to Devlin & Tabler.  They said he was also on the field pre-game talking tp players and coaches. No word on the rest of the road games,

August 3, 2022 9:07 pm  #4

pre-game he said hw was at tropicana on Wednesday.  I also saw him do a stand-up piece on a Sportnet Central sportscat - as for buck they said during the wednesday telecast he’ll be back in Toronto when they return from the road trip.

August 3, 2022 11:20 pm  #5

tvguy wrote:

pre-game he said hw was at tropicana on Wednesday.  I also saw him do a stand-up piece on a Sportnet Central sportscat - as for buck they said during the wednesday telecast he’ll be back in Toronto when they return from the road trip.

Buck staying back makes sense,  given he lives there.  I ended up with the TV on mute for a few innings,  as I was fed up with the way they were playing.