sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2022 4:31 pm  #1

Ex-CBC & City TV Anchor Becomes Main Man At CPAC

Have you ever watched anything on CPAC. the cable channel that covers government sessions and press conferences? I'm guessing most of us don't tune in too often, but the station has announced a new addition to its line-up - Michael Serapio. He's been hired as the main anchor for its coverage of all things parliamentary. 

I have to admit I wasn't even aware they had hosts, but Serapio will now be the face of the place. He's leaving a gig at CBC News Network to take the job. He's also worked at CTV and City TV, so he's a well-known face in this market. 

Whether it will expand the station's profile remains to be seen. 

I briefly worked with Michael and he's a really nice guy. I just hope leaving mainstream broadcasting for a somewhat less-than-heavily viewed cable channel is the right next step for him. He seems to think so, and I wish him luck. 

CPAC names Michael Serapio as new English anchor 

July 27, 2022 9:03 pm  #2

Re: Ex-CBC & City TV Anchor Becomes Main Man At CPAC

You may want to discern that CPAC from the other CPAC.

July 30, 2022 8:59 am  #3

I too briefly worked with Michael Serapio and RadioActive is right, he is a really nice guy and a real pro. We were both laid off at the same time and fortunately he went onto bigger and better things.
I wish him luck as well. I will miss him on CBC News Network.

July 30, 2022 12:43 pm  #4

Pam Seatle is also already there. (well known for her City TV days)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 30, 2022 12:45 pm  #5

Indeed, I've found him to be a highly-regarded professional, during his time with CBC News Network.

Perhaps he feels that there is no likelihood of imminent advancement within the CBC, given the number of good people around and above him in the food chain.

I wish him well, but may not see him much, if ever, on CPAC 

July 31, 2022 9:20 am  #6

Is CPAC based in Ottawa ? If so, it gets him a step closer to a plush gov't position perhaps. I wish him well.