sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2022 11:41 am  #1

Is Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap A Corus Or Bell Media Show? Or Both?

I ask because I heard a promo for a podcast of the show on NT1010 Tuesday morning, via the iHeart Radio menu. Yet it also still airs on Corus' Q107 Sunday nights at 9 PM. 

How does that happen? Isn't a show exclusive to one station group or another? I know podcasting is a different animal than broadcast, but doesn't the rule of exclusivity still apply? 

Vinyl Tap on iHeart Radio

Vinyl Tap on Q017

July 26, 2022 12:46 pm  #2

Re: Is Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap A Corus Or Bell Media Show? Or Both?

The show is owned and distributed by Bell Media’s Orbyt Media syndication division. Most affiliates are Corus stations.

July 26, 2022 8:47 pm  #3

Global had this in an article when it relaunched.  
A new syndicated version has been picked up by Corus Entertainment (Global News’ parent company) to broadcast on nearly a dozen of its rock stations across the country. Episodes will air Sundays in most markets, which include Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton and others.

July 26, 2022 10:21 pm  #4

I guess I just found it odd that it airs on Corus stations every week, but it's advertised as a podcast on iHeart stations, including CFRB. If the target demos weren't so different, you could almost say they're advertising another station's show.