sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2022 2:49 pm  #31

Re: CBC judgement call: Roe vs. Wade & the Supreme Court

This has been a fairly fractious thread at times and that's certainly understandable. It started out about the coverage of this story, which was fine. It's also, for part of it, devolved into a debate about Right To Life vs. Pro-Choice. It's one that will never be settled here and probably belongs on another forum. But it's important and the interest was there, so I've left it up and even joined in with my own two cents (which in my case, is probably way overvalued!)

I have, however, received a few complaints about name calling and other abuse from some posters. This violates one of the Board's old Iain Grant rules that personal attacks won't be tolerated. I admit to being somewhat lax on this, distracted by some current health issues that will require an upcoming hospital stay. However, I would appreciate it if we could discuss this issue without stooping to the epithets against other members. 

Look, I get it, this is an emotional and troubling issue. But the cardinal rule of SOWNY for me is one I've stated often in the past. "It's OK to disagree. It's not OK to be disagreeable." 

Hopefully, we can all take this to heart and talk in a more reasonable manner, no matter what the topic. You guys are better than this and I know it. Thanks for taking the time to read and heed.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Admin.

June 27, 2022 5:23 pm  #32

Nicely written RA.  All the best health wise.  I hope that your upcoming hospital stay is a short one and fixes  any health ailments you are experiencing.  

June 27, 2022 5:31 pm  #33

I refuse to engage in this debate until all debate parties have watched Lake of Fire and written me a thousand word report on the film.

June 27, 2022 5:36 pm  #34

paterson1 wrote:

Nicely written RA.  All the best health wise.  I hope that your upcoming hospital stay is a short one and fixes  any health ailments you are experiencing.  

Thanks, P1 and to all who have contacted me off board. I'm going to be fine, just not looking forward to the whole ordeal. I expect to be OK the day after I sleep off the sedation. (But as some here have observed, how will you notice?) 

June 27, 2022 6:08 pm  #35

thanks for the tactful verbal realignment RA, hope your time in hospital goes by quickly and you have good podcasts, audiobooks and music lined up for distraction. all the best, betaylored.

June 27, 2022 8:18 pm  #36

Sorry for taking this forum off course. This is a radio/TV board and should have known better than to raise such a sensitive subject. My apologies to all concerned and I hope we can move on. Good luck to RA on his hospital stay.

(BTW, I didn't mind being called the "sexiest buffoon.")

Last edited by Dale Patterson (June 27, 2022 8:27 pm)

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram