sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2022 8:56 am  #1

680 News

Does anyone know if they are having technical issues with their transmitter or antenna? I can usually get a good signal during the day, down here in London.

Yesterday it was weak and noisy. Today is worse. I can't get it at all on the portable radio on which I usually listen. On my good desk top radio with the outdoor antenna, I can get it but it is weak.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

June 17, 2022 9:58 am  #2

Re: 680 News

Whatever it was, it seems to be corrected now.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

June 17, 2022 11:28 am  #3

Looks like they fixed the other problem they were having.
In the morning, just before, or just after the tone, the station would appear to go off the air altogether for two seconds, then back on again. 
It's annoying and irritating when that happens because sometimes it even cuts into what they are saying.
This did not happen today, as far as I know...

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 17, 2022 11:45 am  #4

Radiowiz wrote:

In the morning, just before, or just after the tone, the station would appear to go off the air altogether for two seconds, then back on again. 
It's annoying and irritating when that happens because sometimes it even cuts into what they are saying.

Are you sure that it wasn't the pattern change?   You never listed what time but based on the 2 seconds you quoted, that would make sense.   Sadly on stations that change pattern, they typically have to drop off air for 2 seconds, and it's an automated process. Because listeners are using other platforms to listen, no station will pause to allow the process to happen.    I can only assume pattern change times, may have adjusted which is why you no longer notice it. 

June 17, 2022 12:24 pm  #5

radiokid wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Are you sure that it wasn't the pattern change?   You never listed what time but based on the 2 seconds you quoted, that would make sense.   Sadly on stations that change pattern, they typically have to drop off air for 2 seconds, and it's an automated process. Because listeners are using other platforms to listen, no station will pause to allow the process to happen.    I can only assume pattern change times, may have adjusted which is why you no longer notice it. 

Once at 6 am would be fine, maybe, if that really is what it is, but at 5,6,7am...possibly 8 also? COME ON! 
But it seems to have not done this today...for once. Hopefully they fixed the problem.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 17, 2022 12:54 pm  #6

Radiowiz wrote:

radiokid wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Once at 6 am would be fine, maybe, if that really is what it is, but at 5,6,7am...possibly 8 also? COME ON! 
But it seems to have not done this today...for once. Hopefully they fixed the problem.

For sure shouldn't be happening every hour...  clearly something going on. 

June 17, 2022 7:07 pm  #7

Radiowiz wrote:

No-one of a sound mind should be listening to that much 680.

June 18, 2022 3:16 am  #8

Chrisphen wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

No-one of a sound mind should be listening to that much 680.

Because the world is always changing I have been conditioned to listen 3, 4, 5 times a day.