sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2022 6:50 am  #1

John Moore Has COVID-19 But Remains On The Air

We now know why John Moore suddenly missed Monday's show, forcing Jerry Agar to take his place. He tested positive for COVID-19, but is back on the air from his home studio on Tuesday.

It's not immediately clear how long he's had it or whether it will force further absences, but fortunately, other than a slightly gruffer-sounding voice, he seems to be suffering only mild symptoms. 

Moore is one of those sticklers who likes to vote only on Election Day - which is Thursday -  and not in advance polls. He's now openly wondering on-air how he'll be able to do that without exposing others to the illness. Turns out the polling place in his neighbourhood is in maybe the worst place possible for someone in his situation - a seniors' residence. 

May 31, 2022 8:41 am  #2

Re: John Moore Has COVID-19 But Remains On The Air

Update: He confirmed he first tested positive last Thursday and he's hoping he'll be well enough to be back in studio for the vote count coverage later this week. I'm sure everyone on SOWNY wishes him a speedy recovery. 

May 31, 2022 10:04 am  #3

MOST who get Covid 19, have their shots, typically get mild symptoms.   They will also tell you mornings are better than late afternoons, as you really lose your energy as the day goes on.     I can only imagine John likely feels completely wiped out by the end of his show...   I wish him a speedy recovery, and if he needs to take a day or so off, he should, regardless of being at home or not.   Getting rest typically gets you over things faster (for any sickness)

June 1, 2022 11:25 am  #4

Moore tweeted on Wednesday that he'd just tested negative, and will be back to his regular routine - including helping to cover the Ontario Election results on Thursday.