sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 27, 2022 8:04 am  #1

Leslie Roberts leaving CTV/CFRA

He Tweeted this late yesterday —

My News: Friday is my last day at CTV & CFRA.Thank you Ottawa for 3 busy years. You welcomed & accepted me, and I’m grateful.From the LRT, Covid, occupation, to the unprecedented storm this week, its been non-stop. Time for a break. Appreciate my BellMedia colleagues big time!

May 27, 2022 8:51 am  #2

Re: Leslie Roberts leaving CTV/CFRA

Any news on where Leslie Roberts will be going?

May 27, 2022 8:52 am  #3

But he also Tweeted this after that message. So who knows if the news is real.

"Hacker got me for a couple of hours. Do not respond to any offers from my account. I’ve got control back with help from twitter."

Last edited by AspectRatio (May 27, 2022 8:53 am)

May 27, 2022 8:59 am  #4

The hacker excuse?

May 27, 2022 9:08 am  #5

AspectRatio wrote:

But he also Tweeted this after that message. So who knows if the news is real.

"Hacker got me for a couple of hours. Do not respond to any offers from my account. I’ve got control back with help from twitter."

Actually, if you look at his Twitter page, the message about the hacker (which indicated he'd regained control of the account) was posted several hours before the note about him leaving. So that would indicate the announcement that he's leaving is, indeed, from him and is legit.  

May 27, 2022 9:17 am  #6

It's true.  They had an emotional goodbye at 8:15 am on CTV2.  

May 27, 2022 3:02 pm  #7

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/01/15/leslie-roberts-quits-global-tv-after-star-investigation.html

everyone deserves a second chance, and I'm glad Leslie has continued in broadcasting... I enjoyed listening to him on occasion with his brand of intelligence and friendly humor and look forward to seeing what he does next, I hope he's leaving for a positive reason and not because of some corporate suit.