sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2022 5:46 pm  #1

Erin Davis Talks About Her Radio Days And John Derringer

https://youtu.be/YjjHNF9OlcU

Broadcast legend and author Erin Davis has posted a short vlog to wish Mike Cooper a happy birthday, adding her support for Jenn Valentyne's coming forward.

Erin also discusses her career and her interactions with various radio people, including the unkind comments John Derringer threw her way, and she also tells about the time another radio legend stood up to Derringer for her.

Last edited by betaylored (May 25, 2022 6:24 pm)

May 25, 2022 7:13 pm  #2

Re: Erin Davis Talks About Her Radio Days And John Derringer

No mention of Bob Magee being a nice guy in the early part of her career.

Should we read anything into that?

May 25, 2022 9:23 pm  #3

Tomas Barlow wrote:

No mention of Bob Magee being a nice guy in the early part of her career.

Should we read anything into that?

I don't think so at all. Aside from Mike Cooper she did not mention many people. Secondly Bob Magee worked with her relatively late in her career.

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

May 26, 2022 1:11 pm  #4

Bob was between Daynard and Cooper.

May 27, 2022 7:15 am  #5

Samantha Houston and Jane Brown of AM 740, the only Toronto morning show that features two women as hosts, weigh in on the Derringer controversy. Worth noting Jane Brown was once known as "Downtown Jane Brown" on Q107's AM drive, so she knows the people involved, although she never worked directly with the disgraced morning man.

What I like most about this chat between the two of them, though, is that Brown also takes the time to specifically mention the names of males she's worked with at other stations who were especially good to her, noting not all men are guilty of what Derringer is alleged to have done. 

I can honestly say I don't think other radio station call letters have ever been mentioned on the competition as often since this story broke. That in itself is kind of amazing. 

Sam and Jane's conversation on abuse in the workplace

Last edited by RadioActive (May 27, 2022 7:19 am)