sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2022 9:58 am  #1

Is Jerry Agar Doing Double Duty On NT1010 Friday?

John Moore is taking an extra long weekend, booking off Friday and having pre-recorded programming on the holiday Monday. He announced on Thursday that Jerry Agar would be sitting in for him on the last day of the work week, doing "double duty." 

I'm not quite sure if that means he'll be doing the morning show as well as his own, but if so, that's more than a marathon. Moore's show starts at 5 AM, while Agar's own show doesn't end until noon. A 7-hour shift is a long one no matter how much experience you have, especially in a format where - beyond newscasts and spots - you never get to stop talking. 

I'll be curious to see if they actually make him do this and if so, how he'll sound in the final hour. 

May 19, 2022 10:16 am  #2

Re: Is Jerry Agar Doing Double Duty On NT1010 Friday?

And the answer was just revealed on air - no, Agar won't be the Marathon Man. Deb Hutton will be subbing for him on his regular show for the day. 

May 19, 2022 10:34 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

And the answer was just revealed on air - no, Agar won't be the Marathon Man. Deb Hutton will be subbing for him on his regular show for the day. 

Having Deb Hutton sub for Agar makes sense .. I won't tune in for Agar, just like I won't tune in for Hutton.

These one-off days would be a perfect opportunity for Rob Turner to handle the Moore-in-the-Morning show for a day.

Last edited by g121 (May 19, 2022 10:35 am)

May 19, 2022 2:14 pm  #4

Well at least we can look forward to Agar vs. Robert Turner. That should be an interesting face-off!

May 19, 2022 6:14 pm  #5

I think it would be great if Robert Turner did the show tomorrow.