sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2022 6:34 pm  #1

Farrah Nasser

Any word on Farrah Nasser from Global News?

January 5, 2022 8:07 pm  #2

Re: Farrah Nasser

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 5, 2022 10:22 pm  #3

Pretty sure that's just auto-generated. 

The giveaway is this: "As an anchor, she makes around $38,647 per year which, is an average salary of an anchor in the United States." 

May 14, 2022 7:01 pm  #4

Farah Nasser will be returning to Global News on Monday, May 16  I thought Tracy Tong did a great job filling in for Farah and I wish her all the best in her future endeavours.

May 17, 2022 4:59 pm  #5

Listener wrote:

Farah Nasser will be returning to Global News on Monday, May 16 I thought Tracy Tong did a great job filling in for Farah and I wish her all the best in her future endeavours.

Indeed, Farah returned last night at 5:30. Although there was a welcome-back from the team, and subtle references made to family support, no definitive explanation was offered. I have no problem with it remaining private.

She stepped back in as if she had never left.

May 18, 2022 9:17 am  #6

Listener wrote:

Farah Nasser will be returning to Global News on Monday, May 16 I thought Tracy Tong did a great job filling in for Farah and I wish her all the best in her future endeavours.

Did Tracy leave Global, or did she go back to her old role of anchoring the 11 PM show?

May 18, 2022 1:14 pm  #7

ED1 wrote:

Did Tracy leave Global, or did she go back to her old role of anchoring the 11 PM show?

11:00 is past my bed time.

May 18, 2022 7:13 pm  #8

Tracy Tong gave a report on illegal guns coming in from Michigan on this evening's Global Toronto newscast.

June 2, 2022 6:07 pm  #9

Farah Nasser has returned to Global Toronto, just in time for election night.

June 3, 2022 9:26 am  #10

ED1 wrote:

Farah Nasser has returned to Global Toronto, just in time for election night.

She returned on Monday, May 16th. 

June 7, 2022 4:36 pm  #11

Just announced by Farah on twitter - she's leaving Global News to anchor Global National on the weekends.

"I’ve been telling stories in the city I call home for 2 decades, now I get to cover the country I love  I've accepted a position as weekend anchor at GlobalNational. I’ll miss my globalnewsto crew but excited to reach a wider, national audience. Elated for next chapter to begin"

Last edited by TomTV (June 7, 2022 4:37 pm)

June 7, 2022 5:26 pm  #12

I don't watch Global News. If I watch anything, it's usually CHCH, but even that is maybe once a week.

Global should just move to a solo anchor format. Attention spans are short now, and you don't need Mr and Mrs Hometown at the desk.

June 8, 2022 1:21 am  #13

Brad wrote:

I don't watch Global News. If I watch anything, it's usually CHCH, but even that is maybe once a week.

Global should just move to a solo anchor format. Attention spans are short now, and you don't need Mr and Mrs Hometown at the desk.

I bet you Tracy Tong will replace Farah, and the usual anchor shuffle will follow with other shows.

If they do go with a single anchor, the 5:30 show needs to have a different anchor, and give Alan just the 6 PM.