sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 13, 2022 7:42 pm  #31

Re: Critics Lament Ben Wagner Staying Home For Jays' Away Games On Radio

No, you'll never believe the reason Shulman isn't on. (Well, you will, but it's pretty unusual.)

He's on his way to Syracuse where his son is graduating from university this weekend. He was on the Fan 590 right before the Jays game and they interviewed him in his car while he was driving towards the city. 

His kid, by the way, apparently took a broadcasting course and I suppose that means he wants to be like his old man. He certainly has pretty good genes (and probably some great contacts, too) if that's the case!

May 13, 2022 10:08 pm  #32

RadioActive wrote:

No, you'll never believe the reason Shulman isn't on. (Well, you will, but it's pretty unusual.)

He's on his way to Syracuse where his son is graduating from university this weekend. He was on the Fan 590 right before the Jays game and they interviewed him in his car while he was driving towards the city. 

His kid, by the way, apparently took a broadcasting course and I suppose that means he wants to be like his old man. He certainly has pretty good genes (and probably some great contacts, too) if that's the case!

Shulman and Pat Tabler announced during Wednesday's game,  that they would both be absent for the Tampa Bay series;  for the same reason...to attend university graduation ceremonies for their sons.

Last edited by Media Observer (May 13, 2022 10:21 pm)

May 14, 2022 8:22 am  #33

torontostan wrote:

Tune into Sportsnet One now and you'll hear Raptors play-by-play voice Matt Devlin calling the Jays ballgame! This hasn't happened in years. Shulman must have a conflict with ESPN or something similar. 

I thought Matt did a great job. Too bad the Jays didn't.

May 14, 2022 10:22 pm  #34

alangee wrote:

torontostan wrote:

Tune into Sportsnet One now and you'll hear Raptors play-by-play voice Matt Devlin calling the Jays ballgame! This hasn't happened in years. Shulman must have a conflict with ESPN or something similar. 

I thought Matt did a great job. Too bad the Jays didn't.

They did tonight!