sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2022 7:41 pm  #1

It's The Little Things That Set You Apart

What a nice surprise for Mother's Day I noticed on CP24 today. They had sporadic videos and pictures of moms all day long with their kids, spouses, grandkids, friends and relatives, partners ,neighbours thanking and recognizing "Mom." 

Like they do every morning for birthdays  the host went through a bunch of photos that viewers had sent in of their mom and it was quite touching.

Every morning CP24 has birthday announcements with photos and the hosts go through every one, wishing all the best to the people celebrating.  I noticed that Bill Coulter has even gone back to an announcement again when he has mispronounced a name or something was incorrect and made it right. 

A little thing, but a big thing for anyone who has sent in a photo and the information. All of the family will be watching.  I noticed that Global is now doing something similar but they just show the photo with a super of the name and age.  

This was the first mother's day in two years that people could get out and enjoy.  Good on CP24 for doing a little extra on a beautiful day to make it special. 

And tonight they have been broadcasting live reports from a packed Maple Leaf Square and interviewing very pumped  up Leaf fans during the game.  GO LEAFS GO!!  Always like when they go immediately live to a bar or to the square as soon as the game is over. 

May 9, 2022 9:30 am  #2

Re: It's The Little Things That Set You Apart

AM 740 ran a heart-warming story in the 9:00 a.m. news about a 99 yr old Scarborough woman who met her 80 yr old daughter for the first time, over the weekend.  
The news was followed by playing Love Child by Diana Ross & the Supremes.
Simply heart grabbing