sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 30, 2019 6:47 pm  #1

Viewer Alert: Linda Ronstadt Doc Airing New Year's Night On CNN

Just noticed this on a terrific oldies music board I monitor and thought some here would be interested. On New Year’s night, CNN is airing the premiere of a documentary called “Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice.”

It traces her amazing career and she reveals the stories behind some of her biggest hits – and how illness forced her to silence that once magnificent voice.

Airs several times, beginning New Year’s night at 9 PM (provided no big news breaks!)

More on the doc and additional air times here.

December 30, 2019 8:30 pm  #2

Re: Viewer Alert: Linda Ronstadt Doc Airing New Year's Night On CNN

December 30, 2019 10:32 pm  #3

I've seen it already on Apple TV and it is really, really good.  When you put all the musical styles she has recorded in you see why she is so multi talented.

December 31, 2019 8:22 am  #4

John D wrote:

I've seen it already on Apple TV and it is really, really good.  When you put all the musical styles she has recorded in you see why she is so multi talented.

I saw this Linda-R doc at the Regent (or was it the Mount Pleasant?) Theatre a few weeks ago.

I really liked it as well; 'course, I'll admit, I'm quite biased.

Such a talented, determined, feisty lady!

Last edited by g121 (December 31, 2019 8:39 am)

December 31, 2019 10:51 am  #5

I've seen it on Rogers On Demand. It was excellent! A very versatile singer who has done everything from rock to opera.

Last edited by Dale Patterson (December 31, 2019 10:52 am)

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

May 1, 2022 12:20 pm  #6

I originally posted this thread at the tail end of 2019. It's back again because I noticed that this documentary wound up airing Saturday night on TVO, of all places. I saw the listing earlier in the day, then got busy and forgot about it. 

But the good news is if this interests you and you missed it, it's not too late. The documentary is up and available for free on the TVO website. Not sure how long they leave these things up but it's likely to be there for a while. Well worth a look if you were a fan of this talented - and now sadly, silenced by illness - singer. 

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound Of My Voice