sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2022 3:24 pm  #1

Elon and Winding Road: Elon Musk Buys Twitter

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1518670698104995843?t=eBmfq7d-qftKxcCe8Dnpuw&s=19

Considering that tweeting is part of the job for most media personalities, this may get interesting, and at least it's a major on-air talking point.

April 25, 2022 5:32 pm  #2

Re: Elon and Winding Road: Elon Musk Buys Twitter

Is this forum still a safe place to declare that Elon Musk has a stinky butt?

April 25, 2022 6:51 pm  #3

$44 billion for twitter and a dozen banks and lenders to help Elon Musk finance this huge business deal.  This includes the Royal Bank and CIBC...https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/musk-twitter-monday-1.6429802

April 25, 2022 7:01 pm  #4

I'm worried and concerned for Mark Zuckerburg...  If he gets turfed by the new owner, he'll only pocket $42 million in severance.  And the drop in Meta share prices last week, now but him in the "2 digits" millionaire's circle...

These are difficult times...

Last edited by Glen Warren (April 25, 2022 7:01 pm)

April 25, 2022 7:25 pm  #5

Chrisphen wrote:

Is this forum still a safe place to declare that Elon Musk has a stinky butt?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1518623997054918657?t=clp5R5gH5Akl1Y9PawJCZw&s=19

Yup.

April 25, 2022 9:09 pm  #6

April 26, 2022 1:07 am  #7

Glen Warren wrote:

I'm worried and concerned for Mark Zuckerburg...  If he gets turfed by the new owner, he'll only pocket $42 million in severance.  And the drop in Meta share prices last week, now but him in the "2 digits" millionaire's circle...

Mark Zuckerburg doesn't have any connection to Twitter does he?

April 26, 2022 6:18 am  #8

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Glen Warren wrote:

Mark Zuckerburg doesn't have any connection to Twitter does he?

You are correct!... I am mistaken...  Ooopps!

April 26, 2022 9:07 am  #9

Didn't know that Mr. Musk was a student at Queens University in Kingston for two years.  He borrowed $25.5 billion from twelve banks and lenders to help finance the package.  If approved he should own twitter towards the end of the year.  

April 27, 2022 9:54 am  #10

What's the new car smell in a Tesla?

Elon's musk.

That said, I offer the following opinion piece without any comment, although it's bound to engender controversy on both sides. 

You pick — the old CBC or Musk's new Twitter

April 27, 2022 6:55 pm  #11

The Post Media pot calling the kettle black.  Funny how the twitter buyout has nothing to do with CBC but Post Media finds away.  Yes that Andrew Chang is a complete left wing radical. And for him to interview a US professor who is critical and questions the buyout??  How dare they!!!  We are taxpayers, and CBC should only be about our point of view...if they can't do that...get rid of them!!   

Last edited by paterson1 (April 27, 2022 6:56 pm)

April 27, 2022 7:11 pm  #12

I seriously doubt that this goes through. It makes no financial sense for Elon. He's trolling, as usual.

July 8, 2022 9:25 pm  #13

RadioAaron wrote:

I seriously doubt that this goes through. It makes no financial sense for Elon. He's trolling, as usual.

As I was saying...