sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 24, 2022 9:44 am  #1

Why There Was No Trivia Show On NT1010 Sunday Morning

The reasons still aren't entirely clear on exactly what happened, but Jason Agnew has worked through every conceivable emergency over the years. On Sunday, he finally met one he couldn't overcome. This cryptic explanation was posted on the show's Facebook page.

The absence affects more than just CFRB, prompting emergency fill-in programming across Ontario, where the show airs province-wide. 

April 24, 2022 9:49 am  #2

Re: Why There Was No Trivia Show On NT1010 Sunday Morning

: (( ..

Sending Jason some mojo .. 

April 24, 2022 10:06 am  #3

It certainly must have been very urgent, because he rarely misses a shift.

'RB filled the first hour with The Best of the New Rush and the second with Evan Solomon. But its site still showed the Trivia Show as being on until noon. 

CKTB vamped with iHeart's "Famous Lost Words" podcast followed by a Marc Saltzman Tech Talk repeat. 

CKLW replaced it with a best of morning show reroll and a replay of the Dan McDonald Show.

Not sure about CFRA at 9, because its website also still had the trivia show listed, but it reran Evan Solomon as well at 10 AM.

Didn't get a chance to monitor CJBK, so I have no idea what they did. 

May 9, 2022 7:41 am  #4

Yesterday on Sunday Morning Trivia, host Jason Agnew explained why the show did not air April 24th.
Sadly, his mother Karen Agnew was ill and passed last Friday, May 6th.

She usually co-hosted the Mother’s Day edition of the show and was a great addition! She missed the last two years due to COVID, and I was looking forward to her return this past Sunday.

Jason told his audience at the end of yesterday’s show and my heart really went out to the man.
She was a single parent who did a great job with raising him and was only 66. Agnew also mentioned
what a mess the healthcare system is in, especially on a stat holiday.

Condolences to Jason and his “Lady Friend”.