sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2022 4:43 pm  #1

92.9 The Grand Seeking New Morning Show Host. But Who's Leaving?

I noticed on Milkman's site that 92.9 The Grand, the closest thing we've got to a CKOC re-creation, has an ad up for a new morning show host for the all-oldies station. I can only occasionally get it over the air where I live and always enjoy it when it does come in. But who's on in the mornings now and where are they going? It's a position that doesn't come up often. 

I'm kind of surprised they're not transferring afternoon driver Rockin' Ray Michaels to the early slot. 

Morning Show Host Opening At The Grand 92.9

April 18, 2022 4:56 pm  #2

Re: 92.9 The Grand Seeking New Morning Show Host. But Who's Leaving?

Paul Laing is leaving? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 18, 2022 5:32 pm  #3

And as I mentioned in a thread a while ago, it appears the station has relocated from Caledonia to Hamilton. Has the same address as KX94.7.
Rockin' Ray was drive time at CKOC, so he probably likes the shift. Ted Yates was mornings at CKOC, maybe he would go back to that.

April 18, 2022 5:43 pm  #4

Not sure if this is new, but I heard The Grand the other day and they played an announcement that the station is now available on KX94.7's signal at HD3. An FM station piggybacking on another FM station? Interesting. 

April 18, 2022 5:45 pm  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

Paul Laing is leaving? 

Yes, to become OM/Mornings at Country 102 Bracebridge.

April 18, 2022 5:46 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

Not sure if this is new, but I heard The Grand the other day and they played an announcement that the station is now available on KX94.7's signal at HD3. An FM station piggybacking on another FM station? Interesting. 

I noticed it there about 8 months ago.

April 18, 2022 7:39 pm  #7

RadioAaron wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Well, as noted, I rarely get to hear the signal so it was new to me. I know there's a lot of AM on HD, but how often do FM signals turn up there?

April 19, 2022 1:02 am  #8

RadioAaron wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

The Grand has been on HD3 at KX94.7 for several years and probably as long as the Wave has been on HD 2. Similarly KX 95.9 has the Wave and CKDO on HD sub channels.

When I first got an HD radio I thought I would be able to get the Grand HD without a problem at 94.7 but the getting a lock on the HD sub channels  is problematic here in Pickering and it's actually easier to pick up the analog signal at 92.9 on mild tropo days.

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/