sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2022 6:30 pm  #1

In praise of Jim Richards

Don't know which shift Jim Richards will land on, and perhaps he is one of the many people who are currently working on recovering from covid, as John Moore and others keep saying that several 1010 staffers are dealing it, but he did a terrific job the last week he was on-air on The Rush co-hosting with Scott Reed. I ended up tuning in every day for regular periods, and he was a different person, easy going, light-hearted, bantering back and forth with Scott who also managed to tone down his over caffeinated intensity and the two made a good team. I also enjoyed listening to Jim those times when he was on afternoons with Amanda Galbraith.   

Jim would be a good evening host, and I wish him well.

Last edited by betaylored (April 14, 2022 6:59 pm)

April 15, 2022 7:55 am  #2

Re: In praise of Jim Richards

I agree with betaylored that Jim Richards and Scott Reid made a good team the last week of the
“Old Rush”. I was actually hoping that they would be permanent. BTW, calling it the ”New Rush” is a bit lame in my opinion, very 90’s marketing.

I too wish Jim Richards well and feel he has been put through the wringer the last couple of years, he deserves better. Go brave.