sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2022 8:41 am  #1

Changes??

Noticing weekend anchor Marc Carcasole missing from the weekend Global News Toronto last two weekends.

March 28, 2022 9:59 am  #2

Re: Changes??

Not sure what's going on with his weekend gig, but he's clearly still there. He hosted the Montreal edition of Global News as recently as March 25th - three days ago. Perhaps they've temporarily transferred him to this other broadcast as a fill-in, but he's definitely still on staff. 

Marc Carcasole On Global Montreal March 25, 2022

March 28, 2022 1:14 pm  #3

Just an added update - I heard Carcasole hosting the Alan Carter show on AM640 Monday. Not sure if he's there all week, but I believe Carter may be on vacation and perhaps he's been asked to fill in both on the radio and TV. But it's further evidence that he's still very much a part of the Global team. 

April 12, 2022 12:29 pm  #4

Farah Nasser still missing in action. Alan Carter gone (on vacation?), Anthony Farnell still away.

I'm a frequent watcher of Global Toronto News. Other than a few vague announcements when Farah went missing, I've seen nothing about the others.

Odd.

April 12, 2022 12:43 pm  #5

Farnell's absence is a bit of a mystery. He just came back from vacation and had Ross Hull filling in for him all last week.

Perhaps being a weatherman, he knew this would be the only truly nice day in April and he took it off in advance! (One advantage of being a meteorologist!)

I notice that AM640 is still occasionally running a promo for the 6 PM Global News it simulcasts, with Farah Nasser noting she's one of the co-anchors and that listeners should tune in. May be time to update that one, since she hasn't been on air in months. (And can they quit ID'ing the station as CFMJ?)

Last edited by RadioActive (April 12, 2022 12:52 pm)