sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2022 6:32 pm  #1

Some Sunday morning MLB games to air exclusively on Peacock

Major League Baseball and NBC have agreed to a new Sunday morning package of MLB games that will start at 11:30 a.m. and noon EDT and will air exclusively on NBC's streaming service, Peacock.

According to Maury Brown of Forbes, there are three Blue Jays games scheduled to air through this agreement: Royals at Blue Jays on July 17, Tigers at Blue Jays on July 31, and Blue Jays at Pirates on September 4.

If these games do air exclusively on Peacock, this leaves me wondering how on earth fans in Canada will be able to watch those three Blue Jays games, since Peacock is unavailable outside the US. 

Baseball for brunch: New Sunday morning games on Peacock

Last edited by eladb (April 6, 2022 6:32 pm)

April 6, 2022 6:46 pm  #2

Re: Some Sunday morning MLB games to air exclusively on Peacock

The deal is US only. The games will air on Sportsnet here.

April 6, 2022 6:55 pm  #3

RadioAaron wrote:

The deal is US only. The games will air on Sportsnet here.

Exactly. Plus also Sportsnet will maintain Blue Jay coverage while Peacock delivers an American viewpoint. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 6, 2022 7:37 pm  #4

Sportsnet's Jeff Blair indeed confirms that these Blue Jays games which will be on Peacock in the US will still air on Sportsnet.

Thank goodness we're "spared" from this. Personally I have no problem with watching baseball via streaming, but I can't imagine that some older folks who are not as tech savvy are happy with some of these games disappearing from their TV screens.