sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2022 7:17 pm  #1

Alex Pierson Stepping Away From Her 640 Show But How Long Is Not Clear

She claims she's burned out and her kid is asking why mom can't have a "normal job." So she's decided to take a several weeks-long hiatus from her 640 show after Friday. She would only say there will be a slew of other "voices" taking her place, and that "you'll enjoy their varying viewpoints." 

It's not immediately clear how long this pause will be, but she insists she's lucky to have the gig and promises she'll be back. She - and we - just don't know when. 

April 1, 2022 8:50 pm  #2

Re: Alex Pierson Stepping Away From Her 640 Show But How Long Is Not Clear

I wonder if this is an April Fool's Joke from her and she'll be back as usual on Monday. 

April 2, 2022 4:28 pm  #3

I'm going with April Fools. She'll be back next week, only she'll be disguising her voice and the host's name will be "Palex Parson" :D

April 3, 2022 3:13 pm  #4

AspectRatio wrote:

I wonder if this is an April Fool's Joke from her and she'll be back as usual on Monday. 

No. Monday's schedule shows On Point with Jody Vance: https://globalnews.ca/radio/640toronto/schedule/

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

April 3, 2022 4:03 pm  #5

Her announcement actually reminded me of John Moore's leave of absence - was it last year? - where he said he was burned out and needed time off for his mental health. He was allowed to leave for several weeks and then came back, presumably refreshed and ready to start the grind all over again.

April 3, 2022 6:50 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

Her announcement actually reminded me of John Moore's leave of absence - was it last year? - where he said he was burned out and needed time off for his mental health.

Time has lost much meaning over the last 2 years but it was actually around March 2019!   This segment from June 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=476KqX5Nd9M

April 3, 2022 7:09 pm  #7

Wow, 2019! It seems like it was just a few weeks ago. Talk about a time warp...

April 5, 2022 1:15 pm  #8

Interesting she mentioned her kid...I note that many broadcasters on the far ends of the opinion spectrum (right or left) probably get a ton of hate thrown their way from the public and as their children grow and see the vitriol spewed at their mom or dad it weighs on them even more....plus, in this internet/digital age your personal opinions are now cemented forever meaning your kids can see what their parents were saying and up to and how that might impact them...it's a tough gig...ditto for politicians...why anyone would want to do that with children in this day and age has gotta be really tough on your mental health...